One of the most talked about synths of the past 12 months has been the Behringer Model D. In this video Peter Van Hoesen puts this analog synth through its paces over 30 minutes.
As far as reviews of synths go this one by Peter Van Hoesen, on behalf of Electronic Beats, ticks all the boxes for us at AskAudio. Kudos to him.
If you want to watch and hear a comprehensive overview of the now famous $299 Minimoog analog synth clone from Behringer then you should check this out:
This remake of the legendary analog Moog synthesizer features 3 VCOs, Ladder Filters, LFO and plays nice with Eurorack too.
Behringer Model D Features
- Legendary analog synthesizer with triple VCO design allows for insanely fat music creation
- Authentic reproduction of original “D Type” circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Ultra-high precision 0.1% Thin Film resistors and Polyphenylene Sulphide capacitors
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- 5 variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths for ultimate sounds
- Classic 24 dB ladder filter with resonance for legendary sound performance
- Switchable low/high pass filter mode for enhanced sound creation
- Dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Semi-modular design requires no patching for immediate performance
- Overdrive circuit adds insane spice and edge to your sounds
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- Complete Eurorack solution – main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 48 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Low and high level outputs featuring highest signal integrity signal stages
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.