The recently announced Arturia DrumBrute is set to be a runaway success. With great sounding analog instruments like MicroBrute and MiniBrute, the DrumBrute weighs in with some impressive features.
Yesterday we broke news that a new product from Arturia was on its way. While we couldn't say anything (and didn't) news of it was mistakenly leaked by a music retailer. But, here's the full details direct from Arturia on their new monster machine, DrumBrute. We're talking 17 analog drum sounds, upto 64 sequences each with 64 steps, dedicated buttons so no fiddly menus needed, extensive connectivity and sync options, two-mode Steiner-Parker filter, and lots of cool groove and swing features.
Basically we want a DrumBrute now. Here's what Arturia tell us in more detail about their new analog drum machine:
Grenoble, France, 7 October 2016–Arturia are excited to announce the arrival of DrumBrute - a 100% analog drum machine & sequencer designed with performance and in-depth sound editing at its heart.
The newest member of Arturia’s Brute family, DrumBrute is a powerful beat-making instrument that carries the savage DNA of the MicroBrute, MiniBrute, and MatrixBrute.
Arturia DrumBrute Key features:
- Analog powerhouse: DrumBrute contains 17 fully analog drum & percussion instruments, including two kicks, snare, clap, open & closed hats, high & low toms and conga, maracas, rimshot, clave, tambourine, zap, cymbal, and even a reverse cymbal.
- Exciting synth features: the main output contains a highly regarded two-mode Steiner-Parker filter, allowing you to add dynamic frequency sweeps and satisfying bass drops. Not only that, but every drum sound has multiple parameters that can be tweaked to achieve your perfect kit.
- Easy to use, quick to learn: each one of DrumBrute’s 64 sequences can contain up to 64 steps, and can be chained together in a song mode. Despite this massive performance power, punching in your perfect beat is simple and fast. Fans of vintage drum machines will feel right at home with the familiar layout.
- No menus: every feature has its own dedicated button, knob, or pad, so you’ll spend less time navigating endless sub-menus and more time making music.
- In-depth editing: get in the groove with the natural Swing feature, inspire yourself by dialling in some Randomness, mix up your rhythm with Step Repeat, Roller and Looper functions, accent particular drum hits to add some punch to your beat… DrumBrute has a wealth of advanced features that will satisfy even the most discerning musicians and producers.
- Plays well with others: DrumBrute has extensive connectivity and sync options, including MIDI, Clock, 1PPS, 2PPQ, DIN24, and DIN48. This means that DrumBrute will work seamlessly with all of your other modular, synth, and sequencing gear.
- Amazing in the studio: DrumBrute boasts dedicated audio outputs for each instrument channel giving almost limitless options for external processing and multitrack recording; 3.5mm and ¼” headphone outputs so you’ll never have to hunt out an adapter again; and it can act as a fully-fledged MIDI interface to control your DAW. DrumBrute is an essential tool for the modern producer.
- Reliable on stage: with rugged housing, chunky pads, and wiggle-free knobs, DrumBrute can be relied upon to perform show after show. Always striving to improve with every new release, Arturia have created a strong, enduring instrument that’s ready for life on the road.
- Punches above its weight: DrumBrute stands toe-to-toe with the leading drum synths on the market, but at a fraction of the price. No other all-analog drum machine features such inspiring and dynamic features while retaining a sense of intuitive, tactile fun.
DrumBrute is priced at 449€ / $499.
DrumBrute will shortly be shipping, and will be arriving at your local music store in November. DrumBrute is available to order now from the official Arturia web store, and from retailers worldwide.
For more information on features, specifications and dimensions, visit: www.arturia.com/products/drumbrute