If you've been waiting for Behringer's DeepMind 12 analog polyphonic 12-voice synthesizer powerhouse to arrive, and are based in Europe, head over to your local store now before it's too late!
There's been a lot of build up for the DeepMind 12 from Behringer. We've been reporting since July 7th about this synthesizer... which, quite frankly from a price perspective, is hard to beat. Now its sonic capability is another question to be answered, though we've been impressed by the numerous videos and demos over the past 6 months.
And now the DeepMind 12, sub-$100012 voice analog polyphonic synthesizer, is available in stores. Just in time for you to spend playing over the transition from last year to 2017.
Stores like Thomman and perhaps others in Europe are reported to have the DeepMind 12 in stock. Whle our North American friends are going to have a wait a tiny bit longer as Sweetwater is still awaiting the first shipments due early Jan 2017.
NOTE: We can't confirm stock in store at retailers across UK & Europe... but it appears that Thomman online are sold out of DeepMind 12's already after one day! They are expecting more stock on 24th February 2017!!
To keep you going while you wait, here's the spec of the DeepMind 12:
- Classic polyphonic synthesizer with 12 true analog voices for insanely fat and authentic sounds
- 4 simultaneous world-class TC ELECTRONIC and KLARK TEKNIK FX with over 30 algorithms including Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Delay and multi-band Distortion
- 12 voices with 2 OSCs per voice with oscillator sync mode
- 2 LFOs per voice with 7 waveform shapes, key sync, MIDI sync and envelope auto-triggering
- 3 ADSR generators per voice for control of VCF, VCA and MOD envelopes
- Flexible 8-channel modulation matrix with 19 sources and over 130 destinations including effects parameters
- 32-step control sequencer with adjustable slew rate and MIDI sync
- Full remote control via iPad*/PC/Mac* and selected Android* App over USB, MIDI or built-in WiFi for extended parameter control
- 49 semi-weighted full-size keys featuring velocity sensitivity and after-touch
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCF and VCA designs
- OSC 1 generates sawtooth and square/pulse waveforms with pulse width modulation
- OSC 2 generates square/pulse waveforms with tone modulation
- Selectable dual slope 12/24 dB analog low pass filter per voice with adjustable resonance
- Envelope faders seamlessly transform individual envelope segments between linear, exponential and reverse exponential curves
- Powerful unison and poly modes with detune, pan spread and drift parameters featuring up to 12 voices per note
- Global noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- Incredible polyphonic portamento with flexible fixed rate, fixed time and exponential pitch glide modes
- Sophisticated arpeggiator with tap tempo button and user configurable pattern modes
- Chord and PolyChord memories enable polyphonic performances from monophonic playing styles
- True bypass mode for pure and high-integrity analog tone
- Global variable 6 dB high pass filter with powerful bass boost switch
- 26 sliders and one switch per function give direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- Spring-loaded pitch and assignable modulation wheels provide total hands-on performance
- LCD Display with encoder, navigation switches and data value slider for rapid menu parameter editing and program selection
- 1024 user program memories with “compare and match” feature to quickly match all analog controls to values stored in program
- Fully servo-balanced stereo outputs for highest signal integrity
- CV/pedal input for connection to modular systems
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation (including NRPN/CC control of all parameters and bulk load/save)
- Integrated and configurable WiFi client / Access point allows easy and secure connection to home network
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.