Swedish musical instrument company Elektron today announced that the performance sampler Octatrack MKII is now shipping. Octatrack II has been eagerly awaited. Here's what's new with this machine.
Octatrack MKII is an eight track performance sampler and sequencer, designed for both live performers and studio producers. Thanks to a clever combination of internal tracks, MIDI tracks, in- and outputs, and sequencer tricks like conditional trigs, Octatrack MKII is perfect as the centerpiece in any rig. The sample engine, which features time-stretch and pitch-shift in real time, is capable of radically transforming and reshaping samples in an instant.
The new high-quality back-lit buttons, paired with the hi-res encoders and the professional contactless crossfader, ensure operational reliability in the most demanding environments. The ultra crisp OLED screen and an increased count of dedicated buttons, each with a distinct purpose, contribute to the improved MKII user experience.
- 8 stereo audio tracks
- 8 dedicated MIDI tracks
- Instant stereo sampling
- Real time sample time-stretch & pitch-shift
- 2 × insert FX per audio track
- 3 × LFO per track
- Live friendly Elektron sequencer
- Individual track lengths and tempo multiplier
- Parameter locks and trig conditions
- Contactless performance crossfader
- Crisp 128 × 64 OLED screen
- Hi-res encoders
- Durable back-lit buttons
- CompactFlash card storage up to 64 GB
- 1 × ¼″ headphones output
- 2 × ¼″ impedance balanced main output
- 2 × ¼″ impedance balanced cue output
- 4 × ¼″ balanced external input
- 1 × USB 2.0 High Speed port
- MIDI IN/OUT/THRU ports
- W340 × D185 × H63 mm (8.5 × 7.2 × 2.5″) including knobs and rubber feet.
- Weight approx. 2.3 kg (5 lbs).
- Fully compatible with Octatrack MKI projects/data