Humble Audio Launches Quad Operator, 4 Variable Waveshape Operators For Linear FM Synthesis
With a one knob per function design for true ease of use, this new hardware synth offers the chance to create any FM algorithm you like via its mod matrix. Here's the details.
Here's a new hardware unit from Humble Audio - the Quad Operator. Implementing frequency modulation synthesis completely from scratch in firmware, the Quad Operator is able to provide a modern take on frequency modulation synthesis.
- One knob per function design for true ease of use
- Any FM algorithm is possible via modulation matrix
- The Algo expander provides algorithm save/recall and crossfading capabilities
- Independent output per operator
- Virtual VCA per operator for both animating modulation and output volume control
- Includes a dedicated “AR FM” input with its own modulation sends, designed to bring an audio rate signal in from your rack for use as a modulator. Try processing a phase locked operator, and feeding it back in!
- Each operator can also be unlocked then tuned and patched independently, making the module a great general purpose oscillator bank
- Convincing digital emulation of classic analog waveshapes—sine, triangle, square, and saw
- An LFO mode, enabled the generation of phase locked, complex modulation signals