This new video from Behringer shows just a little of what the new Pro-1 analog synthesiser is capable of sonically. It's well worth a listen... there's a reason why this seems to keep selling out.
In their latest video, Behringer showcase the new all-analog, Pro-1, an emulation and improvement on the original 1981 Sequential Circuits Pro One.
Once we get past a quick sound demo (where all sounds are created using the Behringer Pro-1) and a short history lesson including name checking some of the artists that used the original like Depeche Mode, Vince Clark, New Order, The Prodigy, we're given a proper full-on tour of the new Pro-1.
If you want to dive straight into the sound demos of the Pro-1, then jump to 1:34, plug in headphones / turn on your studio monitors, sit back and enjoy. This synth can sound beautiful, gnarly, gritty, good enough to eat and most everything in between. This is probably the best video demo of the Pro-1 if you're at all interested in discovering what kinds of sounds this synthesizer is capable of.
It's fully eurorack compatible, has a a 64-step sequencer and a whole lot more to boot. Here's the main features of the Behringer Pro-1:
- Amazing analog synthesizer with dual VCO design allows for amazingly fat music creation
- Authentic reproduction of original circuitry with legendary 3340 and 3320 semiconductors
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- 3 simultaneous oscillator shapes (OSC A: Saw / Pulse, OSC B: Saw / Triangle / Pulse waveforms)
- Classic 4-pole filter design with self-resonance capability
- Powerful modulation matrix for 2 modulation buses for flexible music creation
- Dedicated and analog LFO with simultaneous Sawtooth, Triangle and Square oscillator shapes
- 2 envelope generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- Easy-to-use 64-note dual sequencer (LFO clock serves as master clock)
- Arpeggiator with 3 patterns for great sound effects
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Complete Eurorack solution ? main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 56 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- Audio input for processing external sound sources for enhanced creativity
- External control inputs and outputs (Gate, Filter etc.)
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.