We've known about the Jomox Alpha Base since the summer... but no spec or details had been revealed until yesterday. The new Jomox synth drum machine includes 11 instruments and a lot more to love.
Back in July 2016 we reported on some teaser/sneak peek pictures of the upcoming Jomox Alpha Base synth drum machine. Well, the good news is that Jurgen from Jomox has now updated the site to include plenty more details we can pour over which MatrixSynth spotted.
Feast your eyes on the full spec, photos of this highly anticipated analog drum machine, and take a listen to the new Jomox Alpha Base in action below.
- 11 Instruments: Kick Drum, MBrane, Cl HiHat, Op HiHat, Clap, Rim Shot, Crash, Ride, X Sample 1, X Sample 2, FM Synth.
- Real analog Jomox kick drum.
- Real analog Jomox MBrane voice with 2 coupleable F-OSC for complex analog snare, percussion, bass and tom sounds ranging from 16Hz to 20kHz.
- 2 sample based instruments with analog VCA ADSR envelope and/or HH filter, optionally with metallic noise mixed as extra sound source. The HH filter is 2-pole, HP/LP/Res each separated parameters, peakable but not oscillating.
- 4 sample based instruments with analog VCA ADSR envelope and/or resonating multimode filter (LP, HP, BP) with ADSR envelope, optionally with metallic noise mixed as extra sound source. The multimode filter can be used as a signal generator in order to generate analog toms or sticks etc.
- 2 sample based instruments with external sampling input and pure digital playback.
- 1 FM synth with 4 operators and max. 6 voices for percussive sounds.
- Effects delay, reverb with send per instrument, also insertable into analog signal path on CH, OH, Clp, Rim, Ride.
- LFOs: per instrument one LFO (MBrane 2 LFOs) with 64 wave forms, each assignable on pitch, VCA, filter cutoff.
- 250 samples 16 Bit/48kHz in internal flash memory.
- SD card slot for loading of samples.
- USB (Midi Device).
- Midi In, Midi Out, Midi Thru.
- DIN sync out 2x integrated in the jacks Midi Out or Midi Thru.
- Inputs: stereo in for sampling, FX or sidechain. Both inputs are Hi-Z and suitable for guitar/bass or work up to line level +20dBu.
- Outputs: 8 individual balanced outputs, stereo mix balanced, headphones.
- Output Level: max. ca.+14dBu unbalanced, +20dBu balanced on all outputs.
- 18 encoders
- Input Volume is an analog potentiometer.
- Phones Volume is an analog potentiometer.
- Mix Volume is an analog potentiometer.
- LCD display 2x24 characters.
- 12V 2A DC external power supply.
- Stable metal case.
- Wood side cheeks, rubber feet.
- Size: 41cm (16.1") x 24cm (9.5") x 8cm (3.2") (back side).
- Weight: ca. 3.3kg (7.26 lbs).
More details are expcted... We don't yet know the price or availability... as soon as we know more we'll let you know!
Any guesses on what price you'd like to see? Is this a good time for a new drum synth considering Arturia's DrumBrute's recent release?