The 3 Oscillator Mono Synth Market Just Got More Interesting With The €429 Dreadbox Medusa
Dreadbox have surprised us all, pleasantly, with the announcement of the Medusa 3 oscillator analog mono synth coming in December 2017. And the price is right. Here's the details.
It seems to be a bit of a thing right now to release a mono synth with 3 oscillators in the sub $500 price bracket. This newly announced one has the distinctive Dreadbox look and feel, but also includes a sequencer made by the Polish company behind the highly impressive Seq, Polyend.
The Dreadbox Medussa is a fully analog synthesizer and will retail for €429 EUR and will be available in December 2017.
- All Analog Circuit developed by Dreadbox
- Midi to CV, Sequencer and Arpeggiator developed by Polyend
- 64 step Sequencer that can store the Filter’s Cut off, Modulation Wheel and Velocity values, with a memory of 7 sequences
- Arpeggiator with Up, Up-Down, 2 Octave Up, 2 Octave Down, 2 Octave Up-Down or Played Order
- 3 Classic Dreadbox VCOs:
2x osc with saw, pulse or triangle wave
1x osc with advanced wave forming (7 different waveforms)
- A brand new 12dB/oct Filter design with variable thickness (active for frequencies 110Hz and below)
- A dedicated Attack, Decay/Release, Sustain Envelope Generator to the Filter and the Amp
- A Simple and Easy to use Modulation section
- You can Polychain multiple units and achieve Polyphony
- 8 patch points for eurorack experience