The Demo We've Been Waiting For: Dreadbox & Polyend Medusa Synthesizer & Sequencer
Here's what Medusa, the new 6-oscillator analog and digital synth, MPE controller and sequencer from Dreadbox and Polyend really sounds like.
Yannis of Dreadbox has released a personal video demo of the upcoming Medusa synthesizer and sequencer. Medusa is a collaboration between Dreadbox (the synth) and Polyend (the pads and sequencer). Announced at Superbooth 2018 it's a really intriguing project.
"No external effects were used for this video. Just the Medusa prototype connected directly to a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 audio interface."
Medusa hybrid synthesizer will be available during summer 2018 at 999€
- 64 fully responsive and customizable, three-dimension expressive pads made of specially designed silicone.
- Both a musical controller and sequencer fixed in one powerful Grid.
- The Grid is storing 256 independent sequences and voice presets.
- Sequence notes, parameter locks or even entire synth voice presets per step.
- Choose any modulation parameter per pad for X and Y pressure axis.
- Advanced voice and sequence randomizer onboard.
- Three sequencing modes: step, live and incremental.
- All necessary Grid information is given on a crispy OLED display. Customizable user menus.
- Three synchronizable analog oscillators with the choice of four classic wave types for each of them.
- Three wavetable digital oscillators.
- One 24dB classic Dreadbox analog filter with three different types (2pole LP, 4pole LP, HP).
- Three different play modes: monophonic, paraphonic x3, paraphonic x6.
- FM frequency modulation separately for oscillators and filter.
- Noise generator with color shaping.
- Second OLED screen to display all necessary synthesis data.
- Five independent and adjustable low-frequency oscillators with an extensive pool of parameters to control.
- Five independent, adjustable and loopable DADSR envelopes with a wide list of parameters to assign.
- Seven mixer paths for independent analog and digital voices plus noise.
- Fully implemented MIDI protocol with bi-directional USB and DIN input, output and through.
- Headphone and main audio outputs with separate volume control.
- Audio input lets you use the power of Medusa with external audio sources.