Update introduces new Launch/Note Mode, side-chain compression (the Mother Ducker), updated recording preferences and improved auditioning of samples/loops.
AKAI Pro today announced the release of a 3.0.1 update that introduces a number of new features and workflow refinements to this ground-breaking live performance and music production device.
Force arms musicians, DJs and producers with all essential functionality for the modern clip- based workflow including clip launching, step sequencing, sampling, synths and a 7-inch multi-touch display. Force is designed for the user who wants a standalone product with the latest in modern workflow techniques, free from being connected to the computer. Building on Force’s already-impressive capabilities, the 3.0.1 update introduces a highly innovative Launch/Note mode – now users can simultaneously harness the creative power of Force’s Note mode while launching clips on a split, single pad layout.
Also included in 3.0.1 is the inclusion of the Mother Ducker and Mother Ducker input effects plugins - recently added to the MPC platform in version 2.4, this pair of processors allows users to create side-chain effects effortlessly via inserts within Force’s mixer window.
3.0.1 also includes a number of workflow refinements including
- Updated recording preferences allowing users to use fixed length clip recoding â€¨
- Improved auditioning of sample and loops within Force’s browser – now, files with â€¨embedded tempo information will audition in sync with Force’s master BPM â€¨
- Drum program enhancements –users can mute or solo pads in a drum program â€¨using Force’s hardware control surface â€¨
- Force can now load FLAC and OGG files â€¨
- The AIR dynamics plugins Compressor, Channel Strip, Maximizer, Transient and â€¨Noise Gate now have metering to clearly indicate the input/output levels and the amount of gain reduction applied. â€¨
- Standalone - no computer required â€¨
- 8x8 clip launch matrix with RGB LEDs â€¨
- 7” color capacitive multitouch display â€¨
- Mic/Instrument/Line inputs, 4 outputs â€¨
- MIDI In/Out/Thru via 1/8” TRS inputs (5-pin DIN adapters included) â€¨
- (4) configurable CV/Gate outputs to integrate your modular setup â€¨
- (8) touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays â€¨
- Time stretch/pitch shift in real time â€¨
- Comprehensive set of AIR effects and Hype, TubeSynth, Bassline and Electric synth â€¨engines â€¨
- Ability to record 8 stereo tracks â€¨
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included) â€¨
- 2GB of RAM â€¨
- Full-Size SD card slot â€¨
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SATA or HDD) â€¨
- (2) USB 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
3.0.1 will be available as a free update early February 2019. For further information on 3.0.1, visit www.akaipro.com/force
Force will be available internationally in February 2019. U.S. retail will be $1499.00.