Grab yourself a FREE MIDI pack for Toontrack's EZ Drummer, which includes 4/4 and 6/4 half time shuffles courtesy of Toby Pitman. Simply login or sign up with a free account and download them here.
Included in this MIDI Pack are two variations on a Half Time Shuffle. There aren’t really any grooves like this in the supplied MIDI (or expansion packs) so I made my own as a starting point for these kinds of grooves.
One is 4/4 and based on a John Bonham type feel from ‘Fool In The Rain’. The other is a 6/4 shuffle reminiscent of Bernard Purdy.
- DOWNLOAD MIDI PACK HERE
- DOWNLOAD MODERN KIT PRESET HERE
- Place the MIDI Pack in your EZDrummer installation folder.
- Toontrack > EZDrummer > MIDI
- It should show up in the browser under ‘User Libraries’ at the bottom.
- Don’t forget in EZDrummer 2 you can place these in the MIDI player and switch the leading hand (Power Hand) and tweak the performance velocities in the ‘Edit Play Style’ window.
- Unfortunately you can’t use these in the Song Creator as there’s no way to tag 3rd-party MIDI files as yet.
- I’ve included a preset for the ‘Modern’ kit that was used to program the loops which were played by hand. It’s called ‘Ask Audio Shuffle Kit’.
- This needs to go into the ‘UserPresets’ folder. You can find the location of the user folder by clicking the ‘Manage In Finder’ option.
Learn more about EZDrummer at AskVideo.com here.
Buy EZDrummer from Time&Space here.