Image Line Releases FL Studio 12.5 Beta. Here's What's New
Available now to download, the BETA version of FL Studio 12.5 has some interesting workflow enhancements and features including the Picker Panel, virtual MIDI controller, automation clips, and more.
From a new way to organize and browse patterns, audio and automation clips to vectorial UI for Harmor to being able to create advanced virtual MIDI keyboard controllers, FL Studio 12.5 provides a bunch of useful features and controls. It's in BETA and you can download it and try it out.
The, ahem, alpha version of FL Studio for Mac contains these new updates so you can try it out in the latest build if you wish.
What's New in FL Studio 12.5 BETA?
- Picker Panel (Alt+P) - A Pattern, Audio and Automation Clip manager / browser that lists all Pattern, Audio and Automation Clips in the project. Useful features include: Select unused Clips. Select Clips in Playlist. Rename/Color multiple clips. Render Pattern Clips to Audio Clips (Right-Click Clips > Render as audio clip, hold (Alt) to bypass Mixer Insert FX.
- Virtual MIDI Controllers - Resizable, customizable vectorial Keyboard and Drumpads. Play the selected Channel, just like an external MIDI controller.
- Automation Clips - New (Right-click) control points 'Type in value...' feature.
- FPC - Resizable vectorial UI. Pads can now have custom colors and icons. New layout options (single/double pads). Per-pad automatable pitch.
- Harmor - Vectorial UI.
- Patcher - Threaded processing of hosted plugins/modules. 'More...' option in plugin insertion menus. (Right-click) node and select 'Insert plugin...' to connect a plugin to a node. Load DirectWave when .dwp file is dropped. (Middle-click) plugin title bar to rename.(Middle-click) connection filter checkboxes to disable the two others. 'Tree display' option in Control Surface tab Preset Menu. (Left-Click) to switch filter groups On/Off. (Middle-Mouse Click) to Solo/Unsolo a filter group.
- Edison - Shows the length of selections (top-right in the Editor window).
- DirectWave - Resizable vectorial UI. New filters (MiniSynth & Vox) plus High Quality Rendering (Option) to enable near audio-rate modulation of all DirectWave parameters.
- Channel Sampling Robot - (Right-click) any Channel and select 'Create DirectWave instrument' to turn any Channel, Patcher or Layer into a DirectWave bank/patch.
- Transistor Bass - New '303 Square waveform' switch and 'Gate Length' control.
- Control Creator - Updated and now accessible from Patcher > Control Surface and the Tools menu.
- Control Surface - Controls can now be auto-aligned. Select two or more controls and Right-click > Align for options.
- Piano roll - 'Menu > View > Mini piano roll preview' shows an overview of notes in the scroll-bar. Highlight root key according to scale. New 'Menu > View > Keyboard style > Dark' keyboard mode. Use (Ctrl+Mouse-wheel) on Channel Selector to select empty Channels.
- Playlist - 'Menu > View > Mini playlist preview' shows an overview of Clips in the scroll-bar.
- MIDI Out - New 'Note' Knob output mode. Automate sending note on and off. A note value of 0 = Note OFF.
- VIEW > Close all plugin windows (Alt+F12) - Closes only plugin windows.
- Hide the plugin wrapper menu by default - See 'General Settings > Miscellaneous > Hide plugin window toolbar by default'.
- Additional changes & Bugfixes - Many! See the What's New here.