It's finally here and along with a stack of upgrades and improvements, this much-loved Windows DAW is now fully Mac OS X native as well! Here's all the details you need to know.
Massive news from Image Line - the developer has released FL Studio 20 complete with the long-promised native support for Mac OS X that we had feared we may never see! But the company has clearly been very hard at work porting its much-loved Windows DAW to the Mac platform, and now the results are here for all to see!
- Mac version – FL Studio is now available for macOS 10.11 and higher. It's a native 64 Bit application including support for Mac VST and AU plugins. Projects made on Mac and Windows are interchangeable. Project interoperability extends to 3rd party plugins installed on both platforms. Existing, Lifetime Free Update, and new customers can unlock FL Studio for Mac and Windows at no extra cost. One license to rule them all!
- Time Signatures – FL Studio now supports Time Signatures, including unlimited Time Signature changes, independently in both the Playlist and Patterns (Piano rolls). FL Studio’s unique pattern system enables, simultaneous and multiple Time Signatures at any point in the Playlist.
- In-situ rendering (‘freezing’) – Bounce selected Audio and Pattern Clips to audio. Options include; Consolidate Playlist Clip selections or complete tracks. Render Clips to Audio, Render Clips to audio and replace Playlist Pattern Clips. Use these features to compile audio-takes into a single Audio Clip, reduce CPU load by converting real-time synthesis and effects processing to audio or convert MIDI to audio for further processing and resynthesis.
- Playlist Arrangements – The Playlist now supports multiple 'Arrangements' (Playlists). Each Arrangement is the complete layout of Audio, Automation and Pattern Clips. Users can now work with multiple versions of their project saving ideas, sound design and ‘arrangements’.
- Plugin Delay Compensation (PDC) – PDC and Automatic PDC have been rebuilt, from the ground up, to support today’s complex workflows. Manual and Auto-PDC can now co-exist. Updates include: Mixer send compensation, Wet/Dry mixer FX compensation, Audio input compensation, Metronome compensation, Plugin Wrapper custom values remembered per-plugin and improved PDC controls in the Mixer.
FL Studio 20, celebrating the return of classic features including the Graph Editor, Precomputed FX, plus updates to the Channel Sampler.
Graph Editor - Returns, better than ever, with improved note editing. Perfect for multi-touch control. The larger the touch display, the bigger users can make their Graph Editors.
‘Legacy’ Precomputed FX - Are back, including; Boost (with or without clipping), EQ, Ring Modulation, Low Pass filter, Reverb, Stereo Delay and Pogo (Pitch bend). FL Studio 20 welcomes back tools that crafted the sound of the 2000’s.
There's loads more that's new and improved - check out the website for all the details.