The next version of the popular (and effective) audio repair and restoration tool has been announced by iZotope: RX 3. And it's due to land in September 2013.
If you've ever had to repair badly recorded audio you'll know how good quality tools WILL make a huge difference! iZotope already have one of the most popular and accessible tools for doing just that in RX 2... so it's with great excitement that they have announced RX 3 - coming in September.
Here's what the good folks at iZotope tell us about the upcoming version of RX:
iZotope RX 3 Announced
Get ready to experience the fastest, easiest way to repair and restore audio. With the new RX 3, iZotope brings you the most robust and best-sounding audio repair toolkit on the market.
Rescue clipped and noisy audio and save it from the cutting room floor. Solve tricky sonic problems with flexible spectral editing and a wide assortment of drawing tools. Clean up dialogue in real time, remove reverb from recordings, finesse your sound and much more. From cutting-edge tools and enhanced workflows to a redesigned user interface, RX 3 enables you to fix troubled audio with unprecedented power and precision.
- Work up to six times faster thanks to under-the-hood processing enhancements and a redesigned user interface.
- Remove or reduce reverb from vocals, instruments and more using the revolutionary Dereverb module in RX 3 Advanced.
- Clean up dialogue on the fly with RX 3 Advanced's all-new Dialogue Denoiser'"the new audio standard for real-time dialogue treatment.
- Use both your eyes and your ears to identify and fix problems within a spectral audio editor.
- Never lose an edit again with the unlimited Undo history, saved automatically with audio data into the new RX document format.
- Who is it for? RX 3 is ideal for audio engineers, post production professionals, broadcasters, podcasters, archivists, forensic specialists, videographers and more.
How do I use it? Both RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced can be used as a standalone audio editor, or as plug-ins in your favorite host. Supported plug-in formats include 64-bit AAX (Pro Tools 11), RTAS/AudioSuite (Pro Tools 7.4-10), VST, VST 3, and Audio Unit.