Bitwig were on hand at NAMM to give us a very cool tour of the standout new features that make Bitwig Studio 2.3 one of the most powerful DAWs on the planet.
Bitwig have been busy. There's tons of new features and improvements in Bitwig Studio 2.3 from Phaser-4 to time signature improvements and everything else inbetween. We are given a tour by Bitwig at NAMM 2018:
A brief overview of the main new features in Bitwig Studio 2.3:
- Phase-4: four-oscillator synthesizer powered by phase modulation and phase distortion.
- Expanded Device View: let devices spread out further into space.
- Resonator Bank, Sampler, and Spectrum Analyzer: Get greater detail, explore waveforms, and control multiple parameters at once.
- Time Signature Changes: Add time signature markers in your arranger timeline.
- New and Improved Time-stretching: New highly acclaimed Elastique algorithms from zplane and enhanced Bitwig’s own Stretch and Stretch HD algorithms with two new ones: Slice and Cyclic.
- Instrument & Effect Selectors
- Voice Stacking: Create thick, lush sounds that were previously not possible.
- New Modulator: Voice Stack: The Voice Stack modulator can be used in conjunction with voice stacking for detailed mapping control of each voice in the stack.
- Sound Content Update: We are further expanding our sound content library with a selection of new factory presets.
The beta testing of Bitwig Studio 2.3 is starting soon. All owners of Bitwig Studio 2 will have access to the Bitwig Studio 2.3 Beta in their user account. The release of Bitwig Studio 2.3 is planned for End of February, 2018.