Sinevibes Releases Dipole, A Flanger Effect That Can Cancel Itself Out
Dipole from Sinevibes is a flanger effect that uses the concept of using two tape machines to create positive and negative flanger effects in a high-fidelity plugin.
Dipole by Sinevibes is a through-zero flanger effect. It employs two separate playback timelines for input audio, one of them being able to run earlier or later in time in relation to another - plus a trick feedback loop. And the actual magic happens when you adjust this time difference and go through the zero point. With positive feedback, Dipoleproduces that coveted spectral “swoosh” effect of a jet plane fly-by; and with negative feedback the output warps and eventually cancels itself out. In the old days, such effects were created “offline” using two tape machines - but now Dipole lets you have those charismatic sounds inside your DAW, and with much higher fidelity.
- Stereo flanger with bipolar feedback and through-zero time capability.
- Low-frequency modulation generator with sine, triangle and trapezoid waveforms.
- Stereo modulation phase shift for variable stereo field widening.
- Color-coded controls with lightly animated transitions.
- Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for Retina screen resolution.
- Works with any application that supports Audio Unit effect plugins.
- Supports OS X 10.6 or later running on 32 or 64 bit Intel Macs.