It seems like just last year Cubase 9 arrived... and it was! The good folks at Steinberg have unleashed version 10 of one of the most popular DAWs into the world. Here's what's new.
After only one year, Cubase returns with this major release that encompasses all three editions: Pro, Artist and Elements. Cubase 10 boasts a sheer endless number of new features and enhancements to its studio-grade audio and MIDI tools for composing, recording, editing and mixing.
The Cubase 10 editions are available from resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop. Various downloadable updates and upgrades, crossgrades, and education versions are exclusively available through the Steinberg Online Shop and the Steinberg website.
Customers who have activated Cubase 9.5 editions and earlier versions since October 15, 2018, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to the latest respective version.
Cubase 10 New features:
- VariAudio 3: Ultimate control of your audio, with more creative tools and Smart Controls to speed workflow. [Pro]
- MixConsole Snapshots: Instantly recall different project mixes and settings to quickly compare mixes and add mix notes. [Pro]
- Audio Alignment: Stack and match recordings quickly, easily synchronizing them to a reference track. [Pro]
- New channel strip: Redesigned Channel Strip offers better metering and functionality. [Pro/Artist/Elements]
- 32-bit integer and 64-bit audio continues the Cubase audio engine’s commitment to ultimate, no-compromise quality. [Pro/Artist/Elements]
- Easy side-chaining: Quickly and easily set up side-chaining to make space in mixes or create distinctive effects. [Pro/Artist]
- Groove Agent SE 5 brings a new user interface and many improvements to the best drum production tool. [Pro/Artist/Elements]
- 5 GB of high-quality sounds and loops from six highly acclaimed producers. [Pro/Artist/Elements]
- AAF support lets you exchange multimedia data with all the most commonly used applications. [Pro]
- Distroyer adds everything from subtle analog warmth to searing heat for mixes and individual instruments. [Pro/Artist]
- Vintage Verbs for REVerence: Better management, smoother workflow and 20 new impulse responses brings REVerence greatness to your projects! [Pro]
- Latency Monitor lets you quickly and easily know exactly where — and how much — latency is occurring. [Pro/Artist/Elements]
- Full support for high-resolution displays under current macOS (limited support for Windows 10). [Pro/Artist/Elements]
- Effects in the Media Rack: Radical improvement of plug-ins workflow, with drag and drop functionality and improved display. [Pro/Artist/Elements]
- MPE support: Easy and convenient setup of MPE controllers. [Pro/Artist]
- Improved editing to picture for video soundtrack production. [Pro]
- Steinberg Virtual Reality: VR production suite adds a suite of professional yet intuitive virtual reality audio production tools. [Pro]
- ARA support: Forthcoming support for extended communications between ARA plug-ins and Cubase. [Pro]
- Cubase 10 is packed with a wide range of usability, performance and quality improvements. [Pro/Artist/Elements]