Waves Releases Abbey Road Studio 3: The Sound Of The Legendary Studio In Your Headphones
Get the sound of Abbey Road's Studio 3 in your monitor mixes with this brand new plug-in from Waves, available with 50% off for a limited time.
Big news from Plugin specialists Waves - The Abbey Road Studio 3 plugin brings the acoustic environment of the legendary Abbey Road Studio 3 control room to your headphones, so you can always trust the production and mixing decisions you are making.
For the first time ever, you can produce, mix and hear music inside the world’s greatest studio control room—no matter where you really are.
Abbey Road Studio 3: The Perfect Control Room
The Abbey Road Studio 3 control room is Abbey Road Studios’ flagship mix room, designed by the world’s greatest acousticians to provide the ultimate music production and mixing environment.
Contemporary mixes and remixes of the Beatles and Pink Floyd. Modern classics by Radiohead, Amy Winehouse and Kanye West. #1 chart toppers by Frank Ocean, Lady Gaga, and Florence + the Machine. All were made and perfected at Abbey Road Studio 3.
Stellar Acoustics Recreated on Headphones
The Waves Abbey Road Studio 3 plugin is based on precision 360° impulse response measurements of the Studio 3 control room, combined with Waves’ pioneering Nx technology for immersive spatial audio.
The plugin recreates—in glorious three-dimensional sound over any set of headphones—the same stellar audio qualities that make Studio 3 the perfect acoustic environment for music mixing and production:
- The same supreme clarity of stereo and surround image
- The same acoustic response unveiling every detail in your sessions
- The same well-balanced sustain across the full frequency spectrum
- The same accurate low-end sustain—a hallmark of the world’s best studio control rooms
- The same combination of impeccable room acoustics and state-of-the-art near-field, mid-field and far-field speakers
- Produce and Mix with Greater Confidence
With the Abbey Road Studio 3 plugin:
- You have the ultimate reference environment on headphones
- You can better judge mix depth, panning, reverb, low end response and more, over any pair of headphones
- You can better predict how your headphone sessions will translate to speaker systems of all types
- The Abbey Road Studio 3 plugin also delivers full 7.1 and 5.1 surround sound, modeled after the studio’s original surround setup. You can work professionally on surround mixes—using any stereo headphones.
Perfect Reference—Anywhere, Anytime
Abbey Road Studio 3 is useful in a wide range of scenarios:
- If you don’t have a perfectly treated mix room—now you do.
- If you do have a great room—now you have the world’s best control room for extra reference.
- If you’re on the go—you can take Abbey Road Studio 3 with you.
- If you collaborate with others—now you all have the same acoustic environment to refer to when sending sessions back and forth.
- If you need to create a 5.1 or 7.1 mix without access to a full set of surround speakers—now you can do so on headphones, before going into a surround studio for final tweaks.
No matter how good or bad your current mixing and music production environment is, Abbey Road Studio 3 will give you an impeccable environment to reference your sessions—on headphones.
- The acoustic environment of the Abbey Road Studio 3 control room—inside your headphones
- Precision modeling of the control room’s stereo & surround soundstage
- Powered by Waves Nx immersive audio technology
- Make better decisions on headphones about panning, mix depth, reverb, the low end, and more
- Choose from Studio 3’s three sets of stereo speaker setups: near-fields, mid-fields, far-fields
- Mix 7.1 and 5.1 on headphones with Studio 3’s full surround setup
- Use the plugin with the Nx Head Tracker for enhanced realism
- Personalized head anatomy calibration
- Headphone EQ calibration for popular headphone models