iConnectivity makes some cool audio interfaces, a number of which we have reviewed and liked in the the past. At NAMM 2017 we caught up with Rodney from the company to get the lowdown on its latest unltra portable device, the ConnectAUDIO 2/4.
The idea behind this model is that it takes the high quality features and components that iConnectivity is known for and puts them into a sturdy but very easy-to-use box, designed for anyone to be able to get to grips with in a very short time.
It's bus powered and has a capacitive touch panel for ease of use, as well as compatibility with Mac OS X, Windows, Linux and iOS so plenty of platforms are catered for.
ConnectAUDIO2/4 Audio + MIDI Interface Features
• Capacitive touch display and control surface for all functions, with full metering (no control software needed).
• Onboard mixing, and direct monitoring for each input.
• 2 XLR ¼” TRS combo analog inputs, each with individual +48V phantom power toggle and impedance switching.
• 2 ¼” TRS balanced analog outputs.
• ¼” headphone output, switchable between monitoring main outs and independent mix.
• 1 X 1 MIDI DIN in/out.
• High-resolution audio - up to 24-bit/96kHz AD/DA conversion.
• USB Audio 2.0 and USB MIDI 1.0 Class-Compliant.
• USB bus-powered (no wall power required).
• Ableton Live Lite software and a selection of loops and samples from Big Fish Audio are included when registering the device.
The interface will be available from the beginning of February for $149.
Read more about it here.