macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student105373
    Presonus 26c
    Hi... hope someone knows the answer to this ? I have set up Ableton Live preferences and my audio interface is showing correctly. The microphone has been checked in system prefs but when playing sound through the interface I don't get any reaction from the Live inputs no matter what I change. I know the audio is going to the interface because I can hear it via headphones output. It works fine with Studio One and Logic ! I really wanted to use the CV tools as the 26c is DC coupled. ANY help will be most appreciated. I am on a Mac with Monterey installed. Cheers Phil
  • Joe A
    Re: Presonus 26c
    Hi Phil - A quick checklist for troubleshooting.. - In Live's Audio Preferences you've selected Core Audio and the PreSonus for both Input & Output device, and verified the Channel Configurations for all inputs & outputs. - You've record-enabled the Audio track, selected Ext.In and the appropriate PreSonus input channel, and enabled In or Auto for input monitoring [and made sure the track is not muted and nothing else is soloed]. - If you still don't see the input signal, go to System Preferences and double-check Security & Privacy > Privacy > Microphone, and make sure Ableton Live is enabled [I believe that's the same procedure on Monterey as it is in previous macOS versions]. With all that set, if you get signal in other DAWs, then you should get signal in Live as well..
  • Student105373
    Hi Joe... thanks for that and yes everything you have put i have set but still no luck. :o( Phil
  • Joe A
    Hmm.. I assume your version of Live is at least 10.4.1-11, the versions that claim compatibility with Monterey; I assume you've also done a hard shutdown/restart at some point (which often solves odd problems). Some additional thoughts.. - Do you get audio *out* of Live through the PreSonus, and it's just the incoming audio that is a no show, or is *all* audio in & out of Live not working with the PreSonus? - Is audio in & out working in Live if you select the built-in mic & output? - Is there any way for you to try another hardware interface with that same Live/Monterey setup? - Monterey is still really new -- is there any way for you to test the PreSonus with Live on a different macOS version, or with Live on a different Mac? Since you say the PreSonus works with Logic and Studio One the issue would *seem* to be specific to Ableton, but maybe there's still some setting you could check in whatever little driver utility comes with the interface [since it works with those other DAWs I assume you have the most recent driver installed].. A quick search suggested that the most common solution to issues of no audio input in Live is that System Preferences > Privacy > Microphone setting -- maybe even if Live is enabled there a reinstall of Live will wakeup/re-establish that setting..?
  • Student105373
    Hi thanks for that and I am going to do a reinstall of Live to see if that works. i had tried previously with an NI Audio 6 Mk2 ( DC Coupled ) and that didn't work either so it does look as though it may be a Live issue. Live works fine with midi and soft synths. Let's hope a complete reinstall has the desired effect. Thanks you so much for you pointers to the possible causes if this strange situation. Cheers again Phil and stay safe !
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: