macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Helge Krabye
    How to reconnect to offline samples in Live8?
    I have switched to a new Mac with only one hard drive. On the old Mac, I had an extra internal hard drive with all my loops and samples in a folder named "Samples". With the new Mac, I keep these samples in a folder (with the same name) on the internal drive, which of course has a different name than the original drive where the samples were first placed. Now, when I open my previous Live projects, Live is not able to findmost of the samples that were used in each project. Is there a way to let Live look (and find!) the samples, if I point to the new folder with the samples? If not, it will be a real heavy job to reconnect each sample manually...
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How to reconnect to offline sa...
    Hi Helge, Unfortunately I think this will entail some manual work, but there is a way to get Live to look for (and find) samples... - Open any Live set that has missing samples. The status bar will show samples are missing. -Click the Status Bar to Find missing samples. - Choose Automatic search, and be prepared for a long, long wait if you have a lot of samples! Let me know if this helps Rounik
  • Helge Krabye
    I managed to solve the problem by buying a new hard drive with enough room. I then named the drive with the exact same name as the original. Then Live was able to find the samples :) I think it should be possible to reconnect automatically by pointing to a Folder with the same name as the original folder where the samples were placed, but this isn't the case... Thanks for the help, Rounik!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Helge, Thanks for posting your solution :) yeah your workaround makes perfect sense! I agree, it makes sense that Ableton in the future will change the way it reconnects to samples... Best Rounik
  • Nuxugya
    I'm a little late on the response here, but you do have the option to search specific locations. You can search a certain folder, the project and/or the library. The library can take a long time. But if you know where your samples are you can use the specified folder option (disable the library search) and it's pretty quick. [img]http://overclockinc.com/mpvforum/missing.gif[/img] I cover this in more detail in my Ableton TNT #04 "Browser and File Manager"- http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/live8303
  • Helge Krabye
    Brian, I tried that, but it didn't work. Only solution was what I described above.
  • Nuxugya
    Interesting. I have done this successfully hundreds of times and I've seen the problem you describe only a couple times. I believe in my case, it was because there were multiple options available in different locations. Anyway, glad you were able to solve it. - b
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Brian, Just wanted to say Hi & welcome to the forums :) Curious to see what's coming next in your Ableton Live TNT1 series: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/live8303[/url] Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: