macProVideo.com
Forums
  • chad
    Using Cubase for live backing tracks
    I don't if anyone received my first message so I thought write it again. I was wondering if I could make a playlist of midi songs inside Cubase LE. I want each song to have all the midi info pre arrange. So I can then run it to my rack-mount tone generator of sounds and play live out with it. I know that Sonar can do this but, wasn't sure if Cubase Le could. I use a Mac pro book so I'm currently using Logic but, I know I can't setup a playlist inside it. If Cubase Le works will the songs load up quickly for live use with all the midi info there? Please let know thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Using Cubase for live backing ...
    Hey chad I'm not near Cubase right now... will give you a reply over the weekend & sorry for the late reply :) Have you heard of OnStage? [url]http://www.fluqe.com/[/url] This works really well with Logic. You can download the trial version. Basically you can use it switch projects during a performance... so aside from a small gap while opening a new project, it may work really well for what you want? :) Rounik
  • chad
    I appreciate that, I will check that program out. In the mean time thou will Cubase Le do the same job? As far as setting up a playlist inside it and playing live audio track in it?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Chad, As I don't currently have a copy of Cubase to play around on I can't try this out... it looks to me the easiest way to achieve this would be to create a project with tracks for the multiple songs (in essence merge the projects into one) and place all of song 1 tracks first, then further down the timeline place song 2, etc, etc... Would that work for you? Cheers Rounik
  • chad
    Thanks....... I tried that before but, that won't work for the cpu are hitting to hard. Causing it to distort every time the songs play to much information I'm guessing. I just thought you would know about Cubase Le. Thanks for your help.......
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Chad, Have you tried using Logic to do this? It's apparently more CPU efficient than Cubase in the way it handles tracks and channels when nothing is being played back... Sorry I'm not able to help you more. Cheers Rounik
  • chad
    I was talking about Logic being the cpu problem. I haven't tried Cubase Le yet. It's sounds like they both got the same issues thou. Thanks for help if you do find out that Cubase Le will work please let me know thanks again!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: