macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Pypazeo
    Variaudio and segment audition
    I upgraded to C5.5.1 and it appears that I can't get the segments in Variaudio to sound off. If I play the song in Variaudio all works well, but when I attempt to play the individual segments I get no sound. Yes, I have the Tool Bar features on. Has any one else experienced this? Furthermore, I was told to set something up in the Control Room. I did, NO luck. Any ideas?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Variaudio and segment audition...
    Hi Cubase 5, I would check your VST plugins... They've been known to cause a few issues with 5.1. Which VSTs do you have? Are they all up-to-date? I would move all the VSTs from the VST folder to a safe place. Then restart Cubase. Check Vari audio. If it works ok then add a VST back one at a time (after quitting Cubase). relaunch Cubase and check Variaudio... etc. Hope this helps R
  • Pypazeo
    Rounik, thanks for your support. Yes, the problem was in the Preference menu wherein the VST Control Room Headphone Preview Box was not checked. (not at my desk).this box, in my case MUST be checked or the Acoustic Feedback Switch in the Wave File Edit Window will not allow one to preview individual segments. I happened to stumble up on this resolution after trying everything else. Thanks Rounik you were on the right track when you mentioned something having to do with VST. It would have nice if the manual mentioned this as a trouble shoot.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Variaudio and segment audition...
    Hey Cubase 5, Glad to hear you solved the issue and thanks for posting the solution. I agree with you about the manuals! But, it's not always possible when writing a manual to include everything! That's what makes the video tutorials here and forums like these a great resource! :) Rounik
  • Pypazeo
    I agree. ;0). Your response is appreciated.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: