Forums
This thread relates to...
GarageBand 101
Absolute Beginner's Guide
by: Vanacoro
More Info
  • Student469162
    Re: Key questions
    The suggestion you provide doesn't work. I recorded to one track my voice along with different keys and if I started to listen all that, you see just recorded was one voice but then to listen to all of them at once, the voice has changed. Where is a problem.. ? https://youtu.be/vgFNUbwxrS4
  • Student469162
    Actually you suggested to take an instrument track and then sing live along with it and then record but I recorded at once and still get the same effect as in previous video. Why is that effect coming? https://youtu.be/3QGyTBES9Ak
  • Joe A
    My suggestion was to try transposing the Software Instrument track to different keys and singing along LIVE, not recording your voice in different Keys, and when you find a Key you like to sing in, then record that. But you're not even listening to the Software Instrument track when you're singing & playing back, so apparently my suggestion would not be relevant to what you're doing, so ignore it. I guess I really don't understand what you're trying to accomplish with the Key changes, so I can't really offer you advice on this. You previously described an approach you thought would work for you, why not just go with that.. If you change the Key between recordings, then all the Regions are going to be transposed every time you change the Key, whether you want them to be or not. It seems like you're treating the Key setting as if it's tied to each particular recorded Region, but that's not how it works -- it's Global, it affects all Regions at all times. And I'm not sure why you're doing that -- changing the Key and then recording does not change the sound of the resulting recording -- a Key change only changes the pitch & sound quality of already-recorded Regions.
  • Student469162
    What do you exactly mean with "to try transposing the software instrument track to different keys" ? Do you mean I have for example classic piano and then region recorded with notes there for example in c maj and then I just change the key of that region ( a min, d min etc ) to the different keys and listen to then, how the region sounds each time differently.. ? And then I can sing along by that region to listen how my voice sounds.. ? Or do you have anything else in your mind.. ? I didn't understand the advice well and although I recorded my voice ( not by advice ), that's good for me too as thus I am more eager to practice gb and befriend with the program... Otherwise I may think it's too difficult but what more I am doing here, even not "right", than better... Thanks for the advices!
  • Joe A
    Yes, that's what I meant. But if you're not trying the find the best key for your voice *before* you record it, then that suggestion will be of no use to you. And you said "I just change the key of that region" -- once again, if you change the Key at the top, you are NOT just changing the key of that Region, you are changing the key of ALL Regions in the song.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: