macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student469162
    Re: General music engineering questions
    So can I do automation without speakers and headphones?
  • Joe A
    If you don't want to mix [which includes automation] on proper studio monitor speakers for whatever reason, then you don't have to -- you can do all your work in GB while listening on the built-in laptop speakers, or earbuds, or whatever you want. I recommended working on a proper pair of speakers, but everything you do can be done just listening to the sound from the laptop if that's what you prefer. And that's really all I have to say on this topic.
  • Student469162
    I can read that mixing engineer does sound mixing, sound design, game audio, audio editing, audio engineering. From audio I will only use vocal. Do I need all of them then? There are written mixing and sound mixing. Are they different things?
  • Joe A
    Those are not aspects of a single project, they are different types of projects. Different kinds of mix engineers work on different kinds of projects -- if your recordings are music projects with vocals that that's what you'll be doing. I have no idea what "written mixing" is.. ?
  • Student469162
    "Written mixing" means that I wrote that there was an advertisement, where mixing engineer offers two of his jobs - mixing and sound mixing. What is the difference between "just" mixing and sound mixing.. ?
  • Joe A
    ? All mixing is sound mixing -- I have no idea what that person meant, maybe it made sense in context of the rest of what he was saying..?
  • Student469162
    I enclose a video, you can see, mixing, sound mixing and other jobs they are offering. Do I need them all if I have a song with vocal? And mixing is what ever it could be by them, but sound mixing is the mixing we are talking about? https://youtu.be/0xMD1F8EMmc
  • Joe A
    I don't know what distinction they're implying with those two different mixing categories -- you'll have to ask them. Whether or not you need for-hire mixing services depends on what your projects are like.. Do you have a finished song with a lot of tracks that need to be balanced and processed? If so, then maybe you might benefit from these guys' services. If you don't have a finished song yet, or if you only have a vocal track, then you don't really have anything that's ready to mix, and it's premature to be worrying about mixing. I don't have any idea what your music projects are like, so I can't advise you on what you might need in that regard.
  • Student469162
    I checked out again the video and realized maybe mixing is a category (you see a sign near it) and other labels are jobs what will be done under mixing category. Right? OK. I don't have any song yet, thus I do not worry about mixing anymore.
  • Student469162
    Will all sorts of audio processing be done only by plugins? Firstly I use plugins/audio processing by myself and then hire a mixing job about used plugins?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: