macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student496898
    Tempo change
    In this piece I'm working on, there will be parts in the piece where the tempo changes dramatically. I know you can do this with macos but I don't own a macbook. I only have my IPhone 7 Plus. Please help me figure this out. My version is 2.3.12 if that helps
  • Joe A
    Re: Tempo change
    Hi - AFAICT it seems that you're correct, the macOS version of GB includes a Tempo Track where you can set up Tempo changes [a varying Tempo map], but this feature apparently is not included in the iOS version. I only have the Mac version of GB, but a search for 'tempo map in GarageBand iOS ' turned up a suggestion for a workaround -- however this seems to be basically to create a separate Project at a different Tempo, bounce out (Share) an audio file at that different tempo, and then import it into the Project at the original Tempo. I guess if you don't enable Flex on the track with the imported audio that imported audio file will play at the different Tempo, even though it won't line up with the original Tempo in the ruler. Seems kind of clunky -- especially if there are a lot of Tempo changes -- but that's all I could find..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: