macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Meadowlark
    Re: importing .wav files to Garageband
    Bonjours Christian, Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, est ce que ca vous dit quelque choses? Je suis anciennement du quartier, et maintenant je demeure dans le grands nords de la Baie James. Thank you again, I am grateful for your help. I will need direction as to how I would upload the .MID file on the web and then post the link on the macProVideo forum as I am very green in the sea of technology (no pun intended). Would I do this from my Korg floppy disc drive, and if so, how would I then get it into the computer? Would I have to go through my Presonus Firepod? Or can I use an external floppy disc drive and just upload the file into my mac the way it is? And if so to all of this, then what? Thanks.
  • Christian L
    Hi again! Bien sur que je connais Hochelaga-Maisonneuve! Le monde est petit. Et la Baie James... tu es courageux! Il doit faire assez froid merci. I checked the KORG PA-50 manual and it looks like the MIDI files should be on your floppy. Drag them to your desktop and use this link to upload them : http://www.sendspace.com/ Just upload the file and it will give you a link. Copy paste the link on your next forum reply. Take care!
  • Meadowlark
    Bonjours Christian, Oui...que le monde est petit! Il fait quands meme pas trops froid comme temperature par ici. Nous avons le meme meteo que Montreal dans mon coin. Mais le froids est sec par ici. Sans humidite, le froids est tres tolerable. (C'a fait longtemps que je n'ecris pas le Francais...les fautes d'orthographes sont surement nombreuse). Thanks Christian I will try that approach when I get home. Computer is in one place and the internet is in the other for now. Must send my laptop out for warranty repair next week so I will try and get it done before then and let you know. Don't know how long it will be away.....backlight hardware issue. A la prochaine mon ami!
  • Christian L
    Perfect. I'll wait for your MIDI files and I'll get back to you as soon as possible! Bon printemps! :-)
  • Meadowlark
    Et a vous aussi!
  • Meadowlark
    Hi Christian, Et bonjours du grands nords. Don't know if it did this right. Ended up downloading sendspace's application anf managed to get one of my files on but am not sure where to go from there. Their instructions are for windows. I did download the mac application however. Have a 2 other files I would like to send you the same way. Will try. Merci et laissez moi savoir si c'a va. Here's the paste: "You must use the activation link below to confirm your address and complete the registration process: Activation link: http://www.sendspace.com/confirm/meadowlark/160c7a870b54c2cd9fe3d380c95375b5 The activation link will open your personal 'Mysendspace' where you can monitor your account. As a registered user, you may begin using the sendspace Wizard. Go to 'Tools', in the website navigation menu, and download your free copy. You will be able to upload files without even needing to go to sendspace.com. Premium users can use the Wizard for downloads too! Thank you, sendspace.com - The best free file sharing service." ----
  • Meadowlark
    Re: importing .MID files to GB
    Hope its OK Christian, File Name: HESAHAR3.MID Size: 18KB | Download Link: Optional: Get an ad-free direct link: Download Link in Forum code (for use in phpBB, vBulletin, etc): [url]http://www.sendspace.com/file/lbn5u4[/url]
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Meadowlark, I hope you don't mind that I downloaded your midi file too to try in Garageband. I dragged the .MID file into an empty space in Garageband and 17 tracks were created but only 6 seem to have any MIDI events on them. Is this what happens for you? Otherwise it seems fine. You can edit them ok. I think that was your issue? Otherwise I'm sure Christian will test it out too, and my French is terrible so I didn't understand some of the earlier posts ;-) Take care, Rounik
  • Meadowlark
    Hello Rounik, Thank you for your help also. And no I don't mind, I need all the help I can get! That is exactly what happens for me. I barely have a hint of the basics of GB but I have the same problem. Somewhere in those extra tracks there seems to be lost instruments, and once in GB, the tracks that form the rhythm section are all clumped together on a single track. My two biggest problems are 1) That I need to separate each of the clumped together instruments to its own track, (those are the instruments that form the accompaniment which consists of guitar, bass, drums, piano etc.) and are all stuck on one of those active tracks that you mentioned which are appearing in GB. And 2) the instruments in the Korg PA 50 with which those tracks were created all sound like toy instruments when I play them back in GB. Once I get that figured I need to understand how to edit. As I mentioned to Christian I am very green in the technology world. And the GB manual which I printed off is quite foreign to me, but I am not giving up! Eventually I hope to be able to understand your GB tutorials which I also bought. Thank you Rounik.
  • Christian L
    Ok... I'm working on it. I'll try to give you a GB project as soon as possible. Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: