macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Christian L
    Re: importing .MID files to GB
    Ooops... my fault! Here's the good link : [url]http://www.sendspace.com/file/6pxlms[/url]
  • Meadowlark
    Went to the link and it tells me that "the free service is at full capacity" and to buy their Max service or try later. Does this just mean that the line is busy?
  • Christian L
    Ok. Here's another link :[url]http://download.yousendit.com/FF9973655CC67401[/url] :-)
  • Meadowlark
    You are so resourceful. Just downloaded it and will open it in GB in a sec.
  • Meadowlark
    Wow! You did a great job! Merci pour tout ton travail! I don't know what you did but would sure like to learn how! It must have taken you some time to do. There is a difference in sound using midi, I realize. Wonder if when I get my axiom 61 if I will be able to reproduce true to life sounds. I had a bit of trouble hearing the song correctly because I have discovered there's something wrong with my Firepod. Wish I was technical. Have been trying different experiments in recording all day and I can only get very low volume out of the speakers or the headphones when recording or playing back. Not sure if I am hooked up right, or adjusting the knobs right. Have had the firepod since last fall but only used it for listening to tutorials. Never tried recording until now. What do you think it could be? Used a mike on track 1 and tried a guitar on 2 and have the same thing happening on both tracks. Presonus thinks that it is a hardware problem. And are going to get back to me on sending it for repair. Hope I don't have to send it away, I'm just getting started. When I record it is also low but the worst is that it makes cracking sound in the speakers even at the low volume whether listening to a dvd tutorial or to GB.
  • Christian L
    Hi Meadowlark, Did you solve your Firepod issue ?
  • Meadowlark
    Bonjours Christian! Merci de tes nouvelles. J'attends tojours des nouvelles de les Indistries Jam a Montreal. Thanks for your inquiry. And hope that spring is prevailing in Montreal. I sent my Firepod off last week to Jam Industries as they seems to think that it is defective hardeware causing the problem. So am waiting for their update. Computer is also out for warranty adjustment. Will be needing an external harddrive that is portable, any recommendations? Can't wait to get back to work! Might you have the time to give me some pointers on uploading some more tunes in GB as you did with my song? I have an album to put together and need all the help I can get! Merci du Grand Nords!
  • Meadowlark
    Bonjours Christian, Est ce que il fait beau a Montreal? Nous avons encore troid pierds de neige par ici et j'entendu que le gaz a Montreal est rendu a 1.30? D'habiture c'est plus chers par ici mais nous somme a 1.18 en ce moment. Well I am back on the Firepod issue which we previously discussed. Just got off the phone with the tech people in Montreal at Eriksons where my Firepod was assumably being repaired. What they have told me is that there is nothing physically wrong with the Firepod so now I am really confused. The low volume input and output issue has not appeared for them so they are just sending the unit back to me. They said something about decreasing the number of buffers in my MacBookPro (10.4.11 Tiger 2GBHD), and increasing the buffer size. Presonus walked me through the proper set up of my Firepod and Cubase LE last fall. And everything worked great until I set my stuff up again and tried to record in GB. Christian,I have come to the realization that I did not do any such setup with the Garage Band program and my Firepod when I began trying to record in GB. Any idea what I should do? I do know that I must do some resetting in my computer for the a"clicks and pops" which appareatly come from running the satellite at the same time as my music stuff but that doesn't solve my low volume input and output while working with the Firepod and GB. I will have all my equipment back in place on the weekend and just got a new Axiom 61 midi data controller keyboard which also has to be set up,so hopefully I can test everything out with my limited knowledge. I have as yet recorded any vocals or instruments without this volume problem. What I sent you was done on my Korg PA50. Time is flying and I am starting to get a bit discouraged. Let me know if this is up your alley. Merci mon confrere. Meadowlark
  • Christian L
    Hi again! Oui, l'ete semble enfin arrive a Montreal. Ca fait vraiment du bien! Et l'essence est vraiment cher... autour de 1.30 $ J'ai sorti mon velo... j'utilise moins mon auto durant l'ete. You said you didn't have this problem last fall with Cubase LE. Do you still have Cubase installed ? If so, can you confirm me that you don't have any problem recording audio into Cubase ? In GarageBand > Preferences > Audio/MIDI, select "Maximum number of simultaneous tracks" under "Optimize for :" Under the "Adavanced" tab, select "Good" under Audio Resolution. Tell me if it helps. Christian
  • Meadowlark
    Bonjours Mon Ami, Wow! Du bicycle! J'aurais de la misere a faire du bicycle par ici. Maintenant nous sommes entre la neige et la boue. Je viens de ramasser mon ordinateur et mon equipment et je vais m'esseyer en fin de semaine. Je te donne des nouvelle bientot. Can you recommend a good mike to use with a Firepod. It really looks like my SM58 is a large part of the problem according to Jam Industries. I would like to get a condenser mic under $200 that will work with it. Let me know what you think. Might be attending the Jazz Festival this summer again. Talk to you soon. Meadowlark.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: