macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Wilifua
    Vocal Pitch correct for song with 2 keys
    I have some songs where the verse is in G, and the chorus is in C, and I want to use pitch correct to limit to key for both keys. Is that possible in GB, or Logic 8, and not too hard? In other words, can I use pitch correct limited to G in one region, and then limited to C in another. If so, how? If not what is the best alternative?
  • Christian L
    Re: Vocal Pitch correct for song with 2 keys
    In Logic it's very easy to do this with automation. Load up the [i]Pitch Correction[/i] plugin on an insert. Go to View > Track Automation in the arrange local menu to view the automation data. Choose to view the "Root Note" parameter of the [i]Pitch Correction[/i] plugin. Set the "Root Note" to G for each verse and back to C for each chorus. I don't think it's possible to do this in Garageband however... The best you could do is use the "Enhance Tuning" feature without checking the "Limit to Key" box. Hope it helps!
  • Wilifua
    Well, I did load up the pitch correction plugin on an insert, and went to view>track Automation in I guess the arrange local menu, but I dont understand the view the automation data. I changed the scale to Major scale and the root note to G for the verse, but when I tried to play it back my vocals were still slightly sharp or flat. I know I'm doing something wrong. I'll look it up in the books and tutorial and see if I know how to ask more clearly about what i don't understand. thanks anyway. GB is easy to use pitch correct, so far Logic is not.
  • Christian L
    Hi again Loveschool! The Enhane Tuning function of GarageBand is very easy to use, but the Pitch Correction plugin of Logic will give you more flexibility. If you want the pitch correction to be more obvious double click on the "pitch correction" plugin to open the plugin window. Lower the "Response" slider towards "fast". If you move it completely down, you'll get the so called "Cher effect". If you have more then one key in your song, you'll need to change the "Root" parameter for each section. You will do this with automation. Review section 25 of the Core Logic 8 tutorial to have more info on Automation. Tell me if you need any more help!
  • Wilifua
    Thanks, I went to a One to One session and he told me how to do it. I just saw your second answer. Thanks again.
  • Christian L
    Hi Loveschools, Great! Tell me if you need more help. Have a great weekend!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: