macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Barney Regard
    basic real instrument recording question
    With GarageBand I use "real instrument"recording 90% of the time.If I record on a track,get half finished and decide to hang it up until the next day do I have to create a new track to proceed from where I left off or can I continue recording on the original track from where I quit? If so ,what is the best way to do this? If all this is beyond basic I apologize but my old brain is also beyond basic so I have an excuse. By the way,to illustrate my era has anyone out there recognized the musician who my play on words, "Barney Regard" refers to?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: basic real instrument recording question
    Hi Barney, You don't need to create a new track to continue from. If the original track with your recorded part (say guitar) is half finished and you want to use the same effects, then just carry on recording on the same track. You can always move or copy the audio region you record on that track to a new "real instrument" track with the same or different effects whenever you want... Now, who does "barney regard" refer to??? Cheers Rounik
  • Barney Regard
    Re: basic real instrument recording question
    Barney Bigard was the great New Orleans clarinetist who ,in the twenties moved to New York and played with King Oliver and Louis Armstrong.He then joined the Duke Ellington Orchestra and stayed somewhere around twenty years. An interesting feature of his playing is that he used the older Albert fingering system which many believe gave him his rich,fat, woody tone.To check him at his height listen to the great Ellington Band of the early 1940's
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: