macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Meadowlark
    Garage Band signature key
    Bonjours Christian, La satellite a ete interrpomu depuis hier soir. Est ce que tu est venu travailler en velo ce soir? I'm finally back on line. As soon as I figure out how to get my axiom 61 going I will send you that test that I am working on. It's a mess though. Forgive me. Just found out that the Axiom 61 distributors forgot to include the LiveLite 6 and Enigma which are supposed to come with the keyboard. Now I have them and am trying to I install the Enigma so I can use my keyboard properly. Forgive my ignorance but do you know if the Axiom 61 already has preset sounds in it (for lack of a better term) or do I have to load the Enigma to have a variety? Another huge learning curve for me. As far as the GB program not knowing before hand what key I would be writing in, I understand that. But when I open GB, select a new project, and select for instance the key of C, tempo, etc., I am actually recording in Bb. I must be doing something wrong. I checked the key signature against two separate keyboards so I know it hasn't been detuned. Will hopefully get organized. Thanks, Meadowlark
  • Christian L
    Re: Garage Band signature key
    Hi, Depuis quel le beau temps est arrivé, je ne voyage qu'à vélo! The Axiom 61 doesn't have any preset sounds because it's a MIDI USB controller, not a synthesizer. It will let you play and control GarageBand software instruments. As for the key signature, it is always best to specify this beforehand in the save dialog. If not you will have the transposition problem you mentioned in an earlier thread. Christian
  • Meadowlark
    Bonjours Christian, Est ce qu'il ya beaucoups de vents par chez vous, ici c'est terrible!!! J'ai perdu la connection du satellite encore! J'ai aussi passe une heure au telephone avec ma meilleur amie a Pointe aux Trembles ce matin. C'a ma fait du bein. Je sui du pour une visite. And good day to you. OK so I understand about the Axiom having no presets because it is a midi data controller keyboard. So this leaves me wondering what the Enigma and LiveLite 6 programs that are supplied with the Axiom have to do with it then? l can't seem to understand how to install Enigma or what it's purpose is any more that LiveLite 6. There is a tutorial by Jeff Dykehouse that attempts to explain how to install Enigma in/with the Axiom for dummies like me, but I still don't understand what the purpose is if it is not meant to be used with the Axiom. I am so basic it's not funny! Also I see you have new video called Core Garageband 08 101. Is this any different from Garage Band 101? If it is I'll order it along with the Mastering your Mac 101 DVD tutorial. Appreciate your help again Christian, whether you realize it or not, you are helping me from giving up (to which I am very close) and selling everythng! Thanks for your SANE help! I will be shutting down for a few minutes as I need to bypass my wireless router. Talk to you soon. Meadowlark
  • Christian L
    [quote:29211] Also I see you have new video called Core Garageband 08 101. Is this any different from Garage Band 101? If it is I'll order it along with the Mastering your Mac 101 DVD tutorial. Appreciate your help again Christian, whether you realize it or not, you are helping me from giving up (to which I am very close) and selling everythng! Thanks for your SANE help! I will be shutting down for a few minutes as I need to bypass my wireless router. Talk to you soon. Meadowlark[/quote] Hi again! The Core Garageband 08 101 tutorial is different than the Garageband 101 tutorial you have. It talks about the latest version of GarageBand. The GarageBand 08 202 DSP Filter Factory might also be of interest to you : [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/GarageBand08202[/url] Thanks for the positive feedback! I'm glad I can help you! Please don't give up! Christian
  • Christian L
    ... and don't worry too much about the Enigma software. It will let you edit and store different presets to control software instruments parameters. I suggest you start by learning Garageband! Feel free to ask if you have any more questions! Take care! Christian
  • Meadowlark
    Hi Christian, Thanks for the feed back. Don't think my first attempt at responding today went through. Got GB 101 08 and DSP 101 08 and they are a great help. What I need to do before I experiment any forther with the Axiom 61 and what we have discussed is begin working with my Korg PA 50 and GB (which is the reason I got GB to begin with). What I need to learn is how to expoit midi files from my PA 50 into GB. I believe that I have to turn the "local" off in the PA 50, and set the clock to "midi but from there I am struggling. Hope you can help me with this also. Thanks my friend! Meadowlark
  • Christian L
    Hi Meadowlark, To import MIDI files from your PA 50 into Garageband, you will need to do exactly what we did in an earlier thread with the "He's a hard man to love" song. I remember you have an external floppy drive, so just copy all the MIDI files to your Mac hard drive and drag them into Garageband. You will probably need to change some software instrument after the import. By the way , the "Local" setting in your PA 50 has nothing to do with exporting MIDI files. If Local is set to "on", playing your keyboard will trigger the inner sound of your PA 50. If set to "off", it will just transmit the MIDI data to a sequencer. Garageband can't trigger external MIDI synths anyway, it will only play Software Instruments. Christian
  • Meadowlark
    Bomjours Christian, J'espere que ta fin de semaine sera plaisant! Thanks my friend. Will do as you say. I just received a new 500GB external hard drive for my MacBookPro Tiger. I have been unable to update GB which requires me to do 1.1GB of updates as GB keeps kicking me out. Checked my hard drive and I don't have enough memory. Hence, the purchase of the external hard drive. I understand that I cannot update GB in the new harddrive all by itself and that updates have to be done and stored in the GB program in my Mac. So what I need to know is how do I transfer files to the new external harddrive and erase the old ones on my Mac to free up some hard disk space without doing damage? I was advised by the store where I ordered the new harddrive that I had to be sure of what I was doing or I could easily erase important files while trying to free up space in my Mac. The harddrive manual is incomplete. The unit is a Maxtor One Touch4. Any ideas? Thanks, Meadowlark.
  • Christian L
    Hi, Garageband needs to stay on your system hard drive. Can you tell me the capacity of your internal drive ? Do you have lots of media on it (songs, photos, movies, etc ?). Have a nice weekend too! Christian
  • Meadowlark
    Bonjours Christian, Il neige!!! Encore!!! J'ai hate au jardinage. On dira que ca n'arrivera pas trop vite. I checked my harddrive and I have less than a gb of memory left. The GarageBand update is 1.1gb and a bit. Had 120gb of harddrive to start out with. I downloaded 2 GarageBand video tutorials the other day and it took two days for them to upload into my mac. I was watching another tutorial dvd the other day and the computer froze on me. As far as photos I don't have more than three or four. Movies, just the 2 GB tutorials, songs, only the one we worked on, and a couple of tests, have a short playlist with two or three albums on in itunes, but I do have a ton of pdf manuals and files on my desktop. I am trying to install the new external hard drive today. Just downloaded the pdf manual for that. Thanks, Madowlark
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: