macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rockin
    3/4 time in gb, and then in Logic Express
    Hi, I`m sorry if this is the wrong place, or the wrong question. I`m totaly new to everything computer wise, but I could realy do with some help PLEASE. I`m working my way into GB, but I need a waltz time. Is there a way? I`ve been trying for 2 months to do this because I didn`t know how to get into a forum. (you`ve got an idea what you dealing with), does numpty ring any bells thanks Ron :-)
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: 3/4 time in gb, and then in Logic Express
    Hi Ron, In Garageband: 1. You see the small blue rectangular display at the bottom of the screen...the LCD display... click on the little icon between the upward and downward pointing arrow. A menu appears. 2. From the menu select [b]Project[/b] 3. The display changes to show your project settings. Click on 4/4 in the display and a menu pops up with lots of different time signatures. 4. Choose 3/4 from the menu. In Logic: 1. The Transport display is at the bottom of the main page. 2. You should see 4/4 next to the tempo value. 3. Double-click on the first 4 (of the 4/4). A small text entry field appears. 4. Type in whatever number you wish (e.g. 3) and press return or click anywhere outside the box. The time signature should now read 3/4. Alternatively, you can click and hold on the number 4 with your mouse button and drag up or down to change the value. This works with many different parameter values in Logic. Let us know if you need any more help. I'd really recommend the Garageband 08 101 Tutorial: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Garageband08101[/url] and then, in time, the Logic 101 tutorial: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic8101[/url] Glad you made it onto the forum ;-) Cheers Rounik
  • Rockin
    Hi Rounik, Thanks for taking the time to help me. I`m going to load up GB and take your answer with me to read as I try it. I am a musician, and have been all my life 47 years of playing, I am self taught from the age of 17. But now I`ve had 5 strokes and it`s messed my head up abit. I`m not looking for sympathy, I just want you to know why I` m so grateful for your help, thanks a bunch. I will let you know how I get on, Bye Bye Ron :-)
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:48941]I just want you to know why I` m so grateful for your help, thanks a bunch. [/quote] Hi Ron, It's my pleasure and Thank you for your kind words! Do come back any time to ask any question, no matter how big or small :-) Take care Rounik
  • Rockin
    Hi again Rounik, I tried that, but the only instruments/rythmn section I get are single hits ie:crash cymbal /highats. but no drum beats, is it maybe i haven`t got enough samples, I have all of GB +all of Logic + I`ve downloaded many (as you do) fom various sites. So I`m open to any and all sugestions. If it`s not to technical ,can I take them off of my Technics 1200 keyboard, I don`t know anything about Midi other than drums go on channel 9, I`v nerver used Midi, it all seems so complicated. sorry my notes are always so long , thanks for your time and help. Ron
  • Christian L
    Hi Rockin, 1- Click on the "i" button to open the Track Info window. 2-Select "Software Instrument". 3-Make sure that "Show All" is selected. 4-Under "Drum Kits" you should have many presets to choose from. Christian
  • Rockin
    Hello Christian, thanks for your reply, I`ll try it and let you know eternally grateful Ron :-)
  • Rockin
    Hi Christian, Hello Rounik, I`ve tried that as well Christian. It doesn`t matter what drums are availabe, as soon as `i choose 3/4 time it only gives me 1 hit sounds. I`m at the moment trying to adopt my technics drums, throu the headphone socket out of my Technics, into my audio interface, (edirol audio capture). It seems at the moment it`s the best of a bad job, but the sound is crap, hey thanks guys you`ve been very patient with me, please if you come up with anything, I`ll try it. bye bye, Ron
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Ron, that's strange... Have you tried creating a new software instrument track and choosing drums? Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: