macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hippofish
    Trouble Exporting Song from Garageband 08
    I have been recording in Garageband with my band and we recording our jam sessions which usually last around 30-45 minutes consisting of 8 tracks at one time. When I got into the song after mixing it down I try and export the song to disc but all I get are files with ZERO K in them. It goes through the motion of creating the mixdown but seems to stop at that. It's kind of fickle thing and I can't seem to figure it out. Sometimes it works, but more often than not it won't work. I see no reason for it working one time and not working another time. Has anyone else run into this problem with trying to export songs from Garageband. I even try MP3's or AAC's and those don't work either. I have tried exporting directly to iTunes and that doesn't work either. I am clueless. I have a weekly Podcast that I do with another of my Macs and I export the show uncompressed to my hard drive and it works fine EVERY week. I am REALLY confused. Michael
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Trouble Exporting Song from Garageband 08
    Hi Michael, What version of Garageband? What version of OS X? Also what Mac are you using? Have you installed the latest updates for iLife/Garageband? Is there any difference between the Garageband projects which export successfully and the one's that don't? Anything at all that might shed some light on this? Cheers Rounik
  • Hippofish
    I have version 4 of Garageband. My OS is 10.4.11 and I am using a Mac Book Pro Intel 2.2GHZ with 2 GB of memory. Nothing has changed, none of the settings have changed it just seems to NOT work. I have no idea what is going on. Michael
  • Christian L
    Hi Hippfish, What's the name of your project ? Try to give your project a shorter name and tell me if that helps. Cheers! Christian
  • Hippofish
    I figured it out. You have to have enough memory on your internal hard drive to mix down the song before you can even export it to another drive. I learned by erasing something on my internal drive and it worked just fine. Thanks for all the suggestions though Michael
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Michael, Glad you figured it out! Funny how we missed the most obvious solution ;-) Take care & pop back again. Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: