macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Garageband
    Exporting from Garageband into iTunes
    Hello there, In Garageband 3.0.4, I create a new track and record music onto it and then under the Share Menu, "send that song to iTunes". The resulting song within iTunes always has 2 or 3 seconds of silence tacked onto the end. Does anyone know how to prevent this silence from being added to the end of the song during this process? I've checked preferences under both applications and found nothing yet. thanks jzarmin
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Exporting from Garageband into iTunes
    Hi jzarmin, Welcome to the MacProVideo forums. You need to set the End of the project before exporting (sharing) your song. In the Time Ruler, there is a little purple triangle pointing to the left. You should find it just past the end of your project. [img]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7221/picture12kd7.png[/img] Drag it to where ever you need the project to end then choose Share > Send to iTunes [i]By the way, if you find that the "End of project" triangle is snapping to an undesirable point, and you want finer control - click on the ruler icon in the top right of the Time Ruler and select 1/64 Note.[/i] Let us know if that helps you or not. Cheers Rounik
  • Garageband
    Rounik, Thanks so much! That did it. Yes, it seems that if one doesn't set the "End of project" then Garageband defaults to setting the end to be a few seconds after the end of the track that is selected for Sending to iTunes. Hence the silence tacked onto the end of the resulting iTunes song. I'm all set, now. Joe
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Joe, No problem! Have you checked out the Garageband 08 101 Core Garageband 08 tutorial? [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Garageband08101[/url] I mention it because it's a great tutorial and recently it's price has been lowered, and now it's ridiculously good value for money! Pop back any time :-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: