macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MacMac
    CAN YOU USE GARAGEBAND SOUNDS IN KONTAKT 3 PLAYER?
    Hi. Please help. I like to know, if there's a way to open/upload or convert the Garageband "cst" files to play in Kontakt 3 Player(or any other sampler?) I'm only speaking about sounds/presets which are in "cst" files (not the loops, the loops are fine) I know you can use the Garageband with Logic, but I'm using Digital Performer as a software. THANK YOU!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: CAN YOU USE GARAGEBAND SOUNDS IN KONTAKT 3 PLAYER?
    Hi MacMac, welcome to the forums. the .cst files are "Channel strip settings". This means they hold information relating to the effect and/or instrument plug-ins in Garageband (and also Logic). These plug-ins are built in to Garageband and Logic. So, no you can't use these cst effects in Digital Performer or Kontakt 3 or any other piece of software that doesn't use the same instruments and effects plug-ins as GB and Logic. Cheers Rounik
  • MacMac
    Hi, Thanks for the reply!! Mmmm... too bad it dosn't work, i was hoping there's a way to use these files outside of Garageband. But, thanks again! Mac,
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Mac! You'll find that this is normal behaviour no matter what digital audio workstation you use. It would be near impossible for settings you make in Cubase specific to it's instruments or effects to be imported by Logic or Pro Tools as their own instruments and effects are different. Of course, once you begin using 3rd party plug-ins then you can translate the presets and settings independently of the application you use. Best, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: