macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MacMac
    REGARDING THE GARAGEBAND SOUNDS/ PRESETS
    I got a question: The Garageband sounds/presets that originally installed with my MacPro, are they available outside of GarageBand, in other virtual instruments software? Yes, I know you can get synth sounds in other software, but I'm specifically talking about the Garageband synth bass, leads.... some are a bit "cheesy" but let me tell you many are really sharp and cool! Since I'm not using Garageband or Logic, are these made exclusively for Garageband? Or they can be found in other software like: Zero-G Dance Pack for GarageBand or the Zero-G Dance Pack2 ACID/WAV. Thank you so much.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: REGARDING THE GARAGEBAND SOUNDS/ PRESETS
    Hi MacMac, There is an important distinction between types of Sounds available within Garageband, STP2 and Logic... Many of the sounds are presets that are created by instruments within GB / Logic. Therefore, these are just settings that cannot be read by other Applications - as the other applications do not have the same instruments. Some of the sounds are actual Apple Loops (audio files). These can be used in GB - and they will fit to tempo of the project and can be transposed easily. You won't be able to do that in other applications, but you will be able to use them as audio files... You can find these here: HD/Library/Audio/Apple Loops The Zero-G Dance packs I guess contain other sounds via Audio loops (wave and Acid). But they won't be the same as the one's you had originally installed on your MacPro. Cheers Rounik p.s. Use Logic Pro... It's great and you will get lots and lots of sounds, presets and loops... more than you know what to do with ;-)
  • MacMac
    Re: REGARDING THE GARAGEBAND SOUNDS/ PRESETS
    Hi again, Great, thank you so much for the help and information! Mac,
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: