macProVideo.com
Forums
  • susotramuss
    How to adjust quality recording settings in garageband
    Hi there. I would like to know whether it is possible to adjust some sort of quality settings in garageband to make sure the I am recording at the maximum quality possible, It seems like the sound I record is somewhat crappy. I am using a multieffects guitar pedal (Digitech RP250) which has a USB recording interface. Greetings.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How to adjust quality recording settings in garageband
    Hi susotramuss, Welcome to the forums :-) Make sure you are recording audio in 24bit: Garageband > Preferences > [Advanced] Choose "Audio Resolution" as BEST. However, more importantly IMHO, check your cables are good and to be honest I've never come across the Digitech RP250, so I couldn't comment on the quality of the converters. Garageband uses the same audio engine as Logic, so in theory, using high quality audio interfaces, preamps, guitars etc etc will results in a very very high quality recording. Cheers Rounik
  • susotramuss
    Hi Rounik, thanks for your answer. I'll ask at Digitech's forums for the quality of the USB connection of the multieffects pedal. Just one more question: in case the problem is the pedal, are there alternate methods (devices (non-expensive devices)) to perform high quality recordings with garageband?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi susotramuss, It's not the quality of the USB connection. I mean the guitar cables... What do you mean by the quality of the recordings is not good? Could you describe what is wrong? Do try changing the audio resolution & try turning off any effects from the multi effects pedal and see what the dry sound of the guitar sounds like? Also, there are many many devices that interface between instruments and a computer. They are called "Audio interfaces" You can get plenty of cheaper options. Most of the cheaper options use USB, which sounds like a good starting point. The trick is to find and interface with decent analog to digital preamps built in. You can find models by Presonus and M-audio which are decent enough. Going up in price, to firewire interfaces, the Apogee Duet is very sweet. Btw, what would you class as inexpensive? Some Pro's might think £500, others £100... ;-) Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: