macProVideo.com
Forums
  • IHYP
    SCRUBBING!
    I'm seriously bummed that I can't scrub audio in Garageband while editing. M-audio's iControl looked like it would have done the trick but the product is discontinued. Has anyone used the Griffin Powermate in Garageband? Will that allow you to scrub? Will anything!?! :-(
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: SCRUBBING!
    Hi IHYP, Welcome to the forums :) It appears that the Griffin Powermate will allows you scrub through audio in GB according to this review: [url]http://macreviewzone.com/html/reviews/house/software/04/powermate.php[/url] The Griffin site states that it works out of the box with iMovie: [url]http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate[/url] Hope that helps :) Rounik
  • IHYP
    Thanks so much for the links Rounik! I was kind of surprised that the fine folks on Griffin's tech support line couldn't answer the question for me. (and I was even more surprised that the masses don't seem to miss the audio scrubbing feature in GB... a little more.) It sure would make my life a little easier. Oh well... since I can pick up a PowerMate for about 30 bucks I figure it's worth a shot. :-) I'll report back! THANKS AGAIN! Rich
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Rich, No problem! I've always done my audio editing in Logic - so never missed scrubbing in GB... but perhaps many GB users just aren't aware of scrubbing as a feature? I'm interested to know how the Powermate works out :-) Cheers Rounik
  • IHYP
    "Powermate, baby!" Ha! Thanks for the enthusiastic reply! :-) But I picked up a Powermate a few weeks ago...and while it's a nice-looking little knob... it does not allow you to scrub in Garageband. It's all good. Editing in GB a bit torturous but I'm almost getting used to it. Rich
  • gjm
    Hi. What do you folks mean by the word 'scrubbing?' Cheers. G.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi gjm Scrubbing is the process of moving through an audio file (or video) to find a section you want. It enables you to preview the sound of the audio to help you locate that section. Often scrubbing can allow you to preview the sound at different speeds... HTH Rounik
  • gjm
    Ah. Ok. I recently picked up an iControl and was told that it had a 'Jog' wheel, not a 'scrub' wheel. Maybe its semantics. It works great though to move quickly through the project. Cheers. G.
  • Rounik Admin
    My understanding on this (which may not be accurate) is a jog wheel allows you to quickly move your playhead through a project/timeline. Scrub wheel will play back the audio as you are "scrubbing" or moving the playhead along the Timeline. Can you hear the audio as you jog? Thanks Rounik
  • gjm
    Thats the difference. I am moving the playhead with the iControl wheel but not hearing the audio as I do it. Thanks for that. Cheers. G.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: