macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Amissimal
    Delete songs in GB
    Hi all! Maybe a dumb question, but I just canôt find the answer. How do you delete a song in GB? I have done it once but now I canôt figure out how I did it...
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Delete songs in GB
    Hi Amissimal, Do you mean delete a track or a loop or a region in Garageband? or do you mean delete the GB song / project on your Mac - so it will no longer exist on your Mac? Thanks Rounik btw, welcome to the forum :)
  • Amissimal
    That was quick;-) I mean a song/project that I´ve made myself in GB.
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:95160]That was quick;-) [/quote] yeah... I have this uncanny ability to know exactly when someone new is posting on the forums ;) Ok. Quit Garageband. Go to the location where you saved the song. By default songs are saved in: HD/Users/*your user name*/Music/Garageband/ Drag the file to the Trash. Cheers Rounik
  • Amissimal
    Hi Rounik! Thanks a million. It worked perfect! Glad I found this forum, I think I will be right at home here. Have not yet decided whether I should go for GB or Logic. I have a fear of becoming a technician rather than a musician with Logic. Best regards Amissimal
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Amissimal, No problem :) Have you checked out some of the free tutorials available here, for example: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/browse/switchersGuides[/url] or the free Logic 101 demo (if you download NED player - you will find that you can download the tutorials into that player) These might help you decide what is best for you. I started with Logic many years ago, before Garageband was available... If I was starting out now, I'd probably go with Garageband until the point where I might out grow it (might not necessarily happen) and then move onto Logic... Having said that, I LOVE Logic. Once most people get their head round the basics, they seem happy enough making and producing music with it. At the end of the day, if you're happy with Garageband and it empowers your creativity stick with it :) Thanks Rounik
  • Amissimal
    Hi again Rounik & thanks for your reply! I think your right and I have decided to stick with GB, at least for the time being. I have gone through a whole bunch of tutorials and they are great, both GB´s and Logic´s. What do you recommend, giving the fact that I have GB 08? The GB 08 tutorial, or should I wait for the GB 09? Or perhaps it does not matter...? Cheers Amissimal
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Amissimal, No problem! Well, it depends on you really... If you are thinking of upgrading to iLife 09 and taking advantage of the new features for iMovie and iPhoto and Garageband then go with Garageband 09 tutorial when it arrives. If you are going to be sticking with Garageband 08 and iLife 08 then I'd definitely recommend the Garageband 08 101 tutorial :) Whatever you choose, I hope you enjoy the training and if you need any help or have any questions let us know :) Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: