macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mac_it
    GarageBand Part 2
    I recently purchased part 1 of GB '09 101 and just noticed that part 2 is now available. Do I have to purchase this as a separate item because I can only find the whole thing listed. If it is all one product, do I have to purchase it again and do I have to download the whole thing again including part 1. Your help will be appreciated.
  • gjm
    Re: GarageBand Part 2
    No, you do not have to purchase it again. It is part of your original purchase. Just open ned, go to downloads and admin, click download and it will add the remaining vids (I think 29 of them) to your GB 09 101 tutorial. Cheers. G.
  • mac_it
    Sounds great, but... When I go to Downloads & Admin and click download it says "Downloading video 1 of 81". I already have the first 57 videos (nearly 500Mb) but N.E.D. seems to want to download them again. Needless to say, I don't. Clicking on "Check for Tutorial updates" produces the same results.
  • Bj
    Hi Mac, To get the rest of the GB 09 Tutorial you will need to Download again.... This has happened to me in the past on other Tutorials that have been Updated and/or completed. If any improvements/changes have been made to the 51 vids you already have this will bring them upto date... HTH, Cheers, Bj
  • gjm
    Hmmm, when I did it I just got the last 29 or so. Maybe there was an update?? Apologies if I have put you wrong. Cheers. G.
  • Bj
    No Worries G... May be because I'm still running NED 1 on Tiger... Cheers, Bj : )
  • mac_it
    Hi BJ, Thanks - that seems to be what's happening here. I'm running NED 3.1.4 on Leopard 10.5.7. Odd thing is I also downloaded the iMovie tutorial and it too wants to download in its entirety again. The cost of the tutorials may be good value but the bandwidth cost is crippling. Australian ISP's charge like wounded bulls for a substandard service so big downloads really hurt. Thanks for your input anyway. Mac_it :-(
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Mac_it Sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues. Could you try the workaround detailed in my post on June 19th here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/ned/ned-mac&id=18420&sid=0#last[/url] For NED Support issues it's better to either post in the NED for Mac forum. In fact, even better, is to contact our Support Team: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/support/[/url] Thanks Rounik
  • mac_it
    Hi Rounik, This thread did not start out as a support issue, just a question about downloading incremental updates. Based on responses received, I now seem to have support issue. I have tried your suggested 'workaround' which seems to address tutorials that won't download rather than those that want to keep on doing it. This resulted in none of my tutorial being accesible - all section appeared in red. I then had to import them again from the drive where they were stored. However, the original problem still exists. iMovie wants to download all 115 videos and GB wants to download 78 videos. I have now posted a support request in the appropriate place.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi mac_it, I see. I should have read the thread more carefully ;) NED normally downloads only the "remaining" videos of a tutorial needed rather than re-downloading all videos of a tutorial from scratch. Thanks for posting to Support. Hope it all works out well for you soon. Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: