macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Renof87
    Using Garageband with Reason (Rewire question)
    Using Garageband with Reason 4.0.......... Hi. I'm a long time Garageband user, but I'm a little new to running it with Reason or any other program for that matter. I know how to put Reason into Rewire mode so it acts as slave to Garageband, but is there a way to make Reason the master? I'm not even sure if it's something that you would want to do. Basically, I really like the mixing control given to you in Reason. It's seems like quite a step up from Garageband's mixing controls. I want to take my project I created in Garageband, and put on the finishing touches in Reason. Can this be done? With Reason as slave, all I can do is control the play/stop/rewind/ffw inside of Reason. It's makes it feel pointless to even use Reason. So is there a way to do this? P.S. Is there any way to export a project from Garageband into Reason? Even as an mp3?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Using Garageband with Reason (...
    Hi Renof87, I believe that GB must be the rewire host. I understand what you mean as GB does not have a fully fledged Mixer View. An app like Logic or Ableton Live would serve as a better Master to Reason than GB. To export an entire project from GB go to Share and export it as Aiff/wave/mp3 etc. If you want to export individual tracks to Reason then you'll need to solo a track and choose Share... Then you should be able to import the file(s) into Reasons Sampler. It sounds like you are getting into territory beyond GB, in which case I would recommend checking out Logic. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Renof87
    Then what's the point of running Reason and Garageband together? Anyways, I will definitely give Logic a go. I've heard many good things about it.
  • Rounik Admin
    Indeed, Logic is... such a big part of my life. Can't sum it up in a few sentences ;-) Check out the Switchers Guides for free tutorials (GB to Logic): [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorials/switchersGuides[/url] Also, the Core 101 is a great place to start and cut out the infamous learning curve if you're interested in tutorials: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorials/logic[/url] Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: