macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Garageband
    Converting Tapes to Itunes
    I am trying to convert some old live performances from bootleg tapes to itunes. I have an alesis multimix firewire, and plan to import into Garageband to edit and mix the tracks. I have the 2track out from the tape deck plugged in to the 2 track in on the multimix, and can hear it through the monitors, but I can't figure out how to get it into garage band. The alesis is hooked to the mac with a firewire. Any help is appreciated.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Converting Tapes to Itunes
    Hello Garageband, You may find this tutorial to be of great help: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/garageband09101[/url] I'll try to walk you through the process: 1. Launch Garageband and select a piano template. 2. In Garageband > Preferences [Audio/MIDI] you can set the default Input and Output for GB. 3. Under the [Advanced] tab set the Audio resolution to Best. 4. Create a new 'real instrument' track by clicking on the + button in the bottom left of GB 09. 5. In the Inspector area (right side) you can select the Alesis as the Input source and turn 'Monitor: On'. 6. Playback from your tape deck to set the recording level appropriately, so the main level meter does not go into the red area. 7. When you're ready, start recording in GB (you may wish to turn off the metronome first in the Control menu) and then press Play on your tape deck. That should now begin recording the stereo signal from your Alesis into Garageband. Once you're finished recording press stop, begin editing the audio and when you're ready to export use the 'Share' menu where you can choose to Share direct to iTunes or many other destinations. Hope that helps, & let me know how you get on or if you need any further help. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: