macProVideo.com
Forums
  • GarageBand
    Apply more than 6 effects
    I am trying to REALLY fine tune my guitar sound to get it as close to studio as perfect. Thing is, GB limits you to 6 effects MAX on a track and I need to apply a couple more to get it perfect. Is there any way to apply more than 6 to a track? Literally, increase the number of available slots or open a new page with 6 slots or whatever. Whoever knows the answer wins the internet! Cheers guys ^_^ Ben
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Apply more than 6 effects
    Hi Garageband/Ben, Welcome to the forums. This is a limitation in GB. You may be interested in Logic Express which I believe allows up to 15 inserts (effects) per track... and you can also send the signal from the track to be processed by additional auxiliary tracks with effects. Basically, my workaround in GB, if you really need more than 6 separate effects is to apply 6. Solo the track. Set the cycle range to cover the entire gtr performance and then Share it to an aiff file. Now import that audio file to new track and apply the other effects you wish to use. Hope that helps Rounik
  • GarageBand
    Hey man, cheers for the help :) I know about Logic, Pro Tools, etc. I've just been trying to keep to garageband as I use a mixture of the built-in stuff that comes with GB and I'm familiar with it and how it works. It is a shame Apple are a bunch of gits. Wouldn't kill em to allow more slots : Ah well, cheers again mate! If anyone happens to hear about a plug-in or modification that can be made, keep me posted!
  • Jimi
    You should not need 6 effects to get your sound. Getting the guitar recorded properly is the key. You may need some EQ, compression but many times the setup can bypass the need. If it is effects like slap-back or reverb or other time based you should not need six.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: