macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Garageband guitar tones
    Looking for guitar tones in Garageband
    Hi, I'm not very good at building my own tones in Garageband. I listen to artists all the time and love the way their guitars sound. Is there anyone out there who is good at figuring out how to replicate tones in Garageband and posting how they've done it? Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Looking for guitar tones in Ga...
    Hi Garageband guitar tones, Are you using the latest version of GB? What kind of sounds do you wish to replicate? Post some examples. Thanks Rounik
    Thanks for the quick reply! I'm using Garage Band '09 latest version. I play on a church music team and love the tones that Jack Parker and Mike Waldrop from David Crowder Band use. Also really love Nigel Hendroff's sound in Hillsong United. Also Nathan Connolly from Snow Patrol, The Edge with U2, Matthew Bellamy with Muse, and so many others in similar genre. I know there are a lot of different tones represented here, it's basically that ultra clear, sweet, mildly distorted, sometimes echo-y, pull-you-in kind of tone. I can find a lot of their rig setups online, and I've tried to replicate as best as I can in Garage Band, but I'm missing something in the sounds and just can't quite figure it out. I'm very new to all of this, so any help would be awesome! Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs and thanks for the details... It's still a lot to try and replicate by names of Artists... Can you name a few songs... that way I can try and replicate a particular sound from a particular section of a song... Admittedly, GB may not be the best place to do this... Logic's guitar emulation plugins are very good quality and even then Guitar Rig would possibly be the best software solution out at the moment. Thanks Rounik
    I'll try to add a youtube link to a song that is exactly the tone I'm looking for: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lAdmR64UKs[/url] Hope that worked, and thanks again! Casey
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi I'd say play around with the Dublin Delay setting and the Dream Pop setting. Get your Delay time to somewhere around 420ms. Also try a light distorted tone... but perhaps one of the most important things you haven't mentioned is the type of guitar you are using, how you are playing it and how it's set up. thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: