macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jtpoke
    Adjusting Pitch
    I have a song that is in too high of a key for the choir at my church. We need to drop it one step and I know that there is the option to adjust the pitch. But when I imported the song into Garageband, it does not allow me to adjust the pitch. Do I need to change tracks to do this or is there an option somewhere to enable the adjustment. I currently have the track as No Effects a basic sound.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Adjusting Pitch
    How many tracks does your Garageband project have? You can try the following technique on a stereo file. Or if you project has more than one file, do the below on each track. Make sure the setting are the same so that it provides the same pitching to all the tracks. Press the Show Editor button (or press Command-E). Click on the box for âFollow Tempo & Pitchâ Now slide the pitch slider to -1 to drop the itch by one step
  • jtpoke
    I only have the one track. I have the box for follow Tempo & Pitch checked, but pitch is still light grey and not letting me adjust it. It is a stereo track
  • GaryHiebner
    Is your track orange or purple? If it is orange then try this: Press control-option-G and click the track again. This will convert it to a track that can now be edited.
  • jtpoke
    that did it. Thanks!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: