macProVideo.com
Forums
This thread has been flagged as solved.
  • Student444925
    Digital Piano (Yamaha P-125) connected to GarageBand - I can hear 2 sounds (piano and selected instrument)
    So I just bought a lightling to USB adapter so I can connect my digital piano (Yamaha P-125) to my iPad. My main use of this is to be able to use software like SimplyPiano. The app teaches you how to play the piano by asking you to play a note and waiting to hear the sound via the microphone. That's not very accurate (especially when playing chords). In order to be more precise they recommend to connect your keyboard to the iPad so they communicate via the MIDI interface. My problem is actually with GarageBand. I can hear both the normal piano sound and the instrument that i've chosen in the app, at the same time. How do I only hear the instrument in the app?
  • Joe A
    Re: Digital Piano (Yamaha P-125) connected to GarageBand - I can hear 2 sounds (piano and selected instrument)
    If you want to hear the chosen GarageBand Instrument and not the piano sound from the P-125, you'll have to turn Local Control off in the P-125. To do this on the P-125 (according to its MIDI Reference manual) you simultaneously hold down the [METRONOME] and [RHYTHM] buttons, and press the C5 key, which will toggle between Local Control On and Off. Turing Local Off disconnects the keyboard from the internal sound engine, so it won't trigger the internal sounds, letting you use it as a MIDI controller to trigger only the sound(s) in GarageBand instead.
  • Student444925
    Re: Digital Piano (Yamaha P-125) connected to GarageBand - I can hear 2 sounds (piano and selected instrument)
    Thank you so much! Now I feel a bit ashamed because I haven't read the manuals. 🙈
  • Joe A
    Glad to help :-) That's one of those details where if you didn't already know what to look for, poring through the manual wouldn't really be all that much help—and that bit wasn't even in the main manual anyway..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: