macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student447184
    Help, I cannot see the grid/timeline in garageband
    Dear all, I have problems with GarageBand. I have installed it last week and have searched the internet for a solution which I couldnt find. After starting up I cannot see a grid or timeline on the right side of the tracks. I hope that someone knows? Maybe a smart button or anything? This is just so frustrating... My hardware iMac Software iOs Mojave Thanks!
  • Joe A
    Re: Help, I cannot see the grid/timeline in garageband
    So what's missing is both the numbers in the timeline (ruler) and the gridlines in the track editing area? Hmm, I haven't heard of that either, and I'm unable to duplicate it here (also iMac/Mojave).. In case it's a display bug in GB itself, maybe try toggling any options related to the timeline/grid, like the Catch button (just to the left of the timeline), and the Snap to Grid and Alignment Guides options in the Edit menu; You could also try changing the grid format (Beats, Time) via the popup menu at the right in the Tempo display area (top center); And I guess you could also try resizing the window, on the off-chance it might redraw correctly. (May or may not help, but it can't hurt to try) Other than that, there are the usual troubleshooting steps: - Shutdown/restart the computer - Blow out the Preferences - Reinstall GarageBand - Try with a different User (create a new user in System Preferences > Users & Groups to test, and delete it afterward) If your iMac is an older model, maybe Mojave/GarageBand doesn't play well with the graphics card? I hope you're able to get it going—please do let us know if you find the solution. Btw, I've moved this thread to the GarageBand subforum.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: