macProVideo.com
Forums
  • raiderhayseed
    Izotope BreakTweaker
    I worked through the Bill Burgess tutorial on Izotpe BT. Lesson 28 on recording BT in Logic broke me. Is it really that complicated? 1 software instrument track with BT 2 use piano roll to enter C2 D# note 3 bus to aux track 4 number off outputs on BT, 1..6 5 add an audio track record to Logic then record to each of 6 tracks I followed the recipe and got something, but I can not seem to use it. I then referred to Bounce Regions in Place... videos: http://play.macprovideo.com/logic-pro-x-402-producing-hip-hop/21 http://play.macprovideo.com/logic-pro-x-402-producing-hip-hop/22 Booker Edwards is using an Akai MPC controller that holds the drum patterns in memory, but I could not get bounding in place to work with BT Is recording third party samples really that hard Can you put together a course that will de mystify the how and why's? You may have one already. The one on the Logic plug ins (compressor, gates, filters,etc) is excellent but it is hidden away at the end of the legacy logic lessons If so, can you tell me where it is
  • Christian L
    Re: Re: Re: Izotope BreakTweaker
    Hi Peter, Here's how I do it: 1. Insert Breat Tweaker on a Software Instrument (The Stereo version will do just fine for this) 2. Load up a preset (For example, Electro > AB-Duck Tune) 3. Create a 4-bar MIDI region on the BT track 4. Double-click the MIDI region and draw a C2 note (4-bar long) 5. In BT, solo the track you want to bounce. (Of course, if you want to bounce all 6 tracks you don't need to do this) 6. In the Arrange, Control-click the MIDI region and choose Bounce and Join > Bounce In Place (Or use the key command. By default, it's Control-B) You're now ready to bounce your part! Repeat if necessary... Let me know if you have any other questions. :)
  • raiderhayseed
    Re: Re: Izotope BreakTweaker
    A comment I have added to Nigel Broad's Twisted Drums and Deviant Bass course... At the risk of sounding perverse, your Twisted Drums and Deviant Bass course got me up and running in Izotope's Break Tweaker. The Eureka moment came in lesson 7 - Drummer Loops I had worked through the very good Bill Burgess course on BT but got stuck at lesson 28 - getting it to record into Logic tracks. You can see how much I need to learn when I say the whole idea of pre-making midi regions before recording midi into a Logic track was foreign to me. But what really floored me was getting the multi output from BT to output to a stereo bus to an auxiliary channel in lesson 28. I still can't follow how or why it is down. Your description in Lesson 7 Drummer Loops of using Command B and the F key to convert regions to samples then drag them from the sample library into a track got me up and running in BT. I am probably achieving this in an inelegant manner, but at least it works It is rather ironic that I set out to learn how to use the Logic ES2 to make EDM in your Dub Step Essentials course and felt so inadequate after lesson 12 that I purchased NI Komplete. Massive behaved like any Logic input. Kontakt presented problems I have not yet solved - I am wondering it it requires pre-made midi regions, etc So - you've done well even if my discoveries from your courses have been serendipitous Why not produce a course for people like me explaining how to get Logic to play nice with samplers such as BT and Kontakt?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: