macProVideo.com
Forums
  • LightBolt
    Segue Between Songs
    Hi everyone, I'm a newcomer using Logic Express. I'd like to have two songs segue into each other. You know like in Sgt Pepper when the first song on the album sorta bleeds into the next but the track changes? (It happens in countless other records too.) So, what I mean to say is... I'd technically have two separate songs on the album but they would connect seemlessly.. I imagine I would have to record the two songs in one Logic file but bounce it in some special way? Is this possible in Logic? Do I need to use a different program to make this happen? Do you know what I'm talking about? Thanks! (Sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere else!)
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Segue Between Songs
    Hi Lightbolt, welcome to the forums! You could use a program like waveburner (included with Logic Studio) to do this easily. Also, any burning application like Jam (maybe even Toast? by Roxio) Otherwise, import the final bounces of each song into Logic express onto two separate tracks and adjust the volume automation on each one so they overlap. Adjust the locators to bounce each section as you'd like (with the cross over). Put both bounced tracks in iTunes. in Itunes, set the crossfade amount to 0. and in iTunes Preferences>Advanced>Burning set the gap between the tracks to None. Try burning to Disc to check it sounds ok. That should work. Let me know if you need any more help. Cheers Rounik
  • LightBolt
    Hey Rounik, Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely try it out.
  • AbbeyRhodes
    I think the main issue with doing this is how the track separation is handled. If you do it in waveburner, you can crossfade and set the track marker wherever you want.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Fusili, I completely agree. Waveburner is the way to go. However, Lightbolt doesn't have Logic Studio, so no waveburner. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: