macProVideo.com
Forums
  • guitarbloke
    cubase into logic
    hi, can anyone tell me how to import cubase files into Logic? I know you use OMF but have had no luck. Cheers Rob
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: cubase into logic
    Hi Rob Probably the easiest way is to solo and bounce or export each track in Cubase from Bar 1 to the end of the project and import each audio file into Logic. Cheers Rounik
  • guitarbloke
    Hi Isnt there some way of doing it so everything gets transfered in one hit with automation etc? cheers Rob
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Rob The OMF file format (Open Media Framework Interchange ) sometimes is a bit hit and miss. When it works well, great, but remember it only works with audio regions and not mix data. Also bear in mind that you can export midi regions from cubase and import them into Logic too. Cheers Rounik
  • jeck
    rounik thank you again for your advice and can you explain to me how can i export from cubase and import to logic ,i mean midi files ,and again thank you hector
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Hector, Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with Cubase. I believe you need to use the File > Export MIDI File But I think this might export the whole arrangement. To export an individual MIDI part try muting everything. Now unmute the part you wish to export and use the export command above. Let me know if this works as I don't have a copy of Cubase to try this out on. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: